Recommendation: Epheles - Souviens-Toi

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
Well, since either a) nobody but J. checks the general BM thread, or b) nobody really gives a shit, I figured I'd make a dedicated thread for this band. I know most of you here at RC are into this type of stuff, even if it sucks (ie Alcest)....so I figured I'd drop these fuckers on your collective asses. Hailing from none other than France, this is black metal of the highest caliber. Each song seems to pull you through a journey, displaying different elements from classical to doomy/minor to majestic to downright chaos. Very atmospheric. The vocals of Nephtys are top-notch as well. The L'ombre de la Croix EP kicks major ass too. Check it out:

709749.jpg

Tracklist

1. Le Linceul De La Mort 7:49
2. Les Abîmes Du Temps 11:44
3. Laisse Moi Mourir 2:16
4. Les Siècles D'Ignorance 6:54
5. To The Threshold Of Nothingness 7:05
6. Ultima Venia 9:37
7. Souviens-Toi 2:39

Total playing time
48:04

Red Stream just restocked it last week fyi.

Doomcifer, you faggot, this is not related to your thread but I don't feel like making a "you faggot, get in here" thread tonight so:

Do you know what the exacty ordering instructions are for DOBD tickets? Brenner says they have a few left but he told me "just follow the original instructions" and I can't find them. $45 for all the days but what about shipping?

Funny this thread popped up, cause Le Dernier Pardon (same album as this, different name due to label disputes, and really awful packaging [skinny CD case, what looks to be a CD-R with a label slapped on it, and no booklet, just a picture sleeve]) just showed up in my mail today, and it is quite awesome.

I'm not sold on the tracks, but it seems like there is something there, If I feel like wasting my money on gay shit, I'll be sure to pick it up.

I haven't taken the time to really sit down with it, but what I've noticed so far is that it's certainly a competent release within it's genre.

Ordered it a few days ago, will report.
I'm in great need of some reliable French black metal right now, after DsO got lost in space and Alcest was booked as headliner for the next gay pride...

There's always Peste Noire's new album. I think.

Edit: Regardless of how unapolagetically gay the new Alcest is, I fucking love it.