recommendation for monitor s for small room?

aviel

Aug 2, 2011
I was fairlt happy wih my tapco 8" . But since I moved to a smallee room. Really smal. 2.7 meters width. 3 meterz length. 2 meters height, I feel like they are too big. Really attacking and unpleasant. Any recommendarion? Im on budget. Though about 6" maybe?

alesis m1 mk2 maybe? 6,5" woofer and about 300€ new for the pair. used them a long time in a small room. not extremely detailed (compared to the eve audios i'm using now) but very smooth and pleasant to listen.

Why don't you try to cut everything below 50~55 hz (maybe up to 60hz) with reasonable slope on your master buss?
If this doesn't fix your problem, I don't see why smaller monitors would fix the problem.
Just don't forget to bypass it when bouncing and be advised that it will change the headroom.
Keep your money for acoustic treatment.

I just feel like the sound is too big foe the room. It may sound like bullshit. It feels like standing in front of a pa.. maybe its stupid and I am jusr doing a mistake?

Why don't you try to cut everything below 50~55 hz (maybe up to 60hz) with reasonable slope on your master buss?
If this doesn't fix your problem, I don't see why smaller monitors would fix the problem.
Just don't forget to bypass it when bouncing and be advised that it will change the headroom.
Keep your money for acoustic treatment.

You know burny.. As unorthodox as that seems. I don't know why I never thought of that... but wouldn't just HP 50-55 to get a better image if i have shitty treatment then bypassing would muddle things up right? wouldn't it still be ineffective?

You know burny.. As unorthodox as that seems. I don't know why I never thought of that... but wouldn't just HP 50-55 to get a better image if i have shitty treatment then bypassing would muddle things up right? wouldn't it still be ineffective?

I am not advising to do it as a permanent solution but just as a way to get a better grasp at what is causing the problem and how smaller monitors won't necessarily fix it.

The only real solutions are treatment and/or a more suitable room.

I am advising to do it as a permanent solution but just as a way to get a better grasp at what is causing the problem and how smaller monitors won't necessarily fix it.

The only real solutions are treatment and/or a more suitable room.

Ah ok thanks!

My last room was pretty shit, but when listening close, my Equator D5's sounded like you could actually work on them. Not nearly as good as they were in a good room, but definitely not unbearably bad.

Thankfully I just moved though.

Well a friend just lend me 6" genelec 1030a. Pretty good, feels like a litlle more of a relief on the riim. But in the corners therecare just unbeleivible bass. 60 hz fu..ing stands in the room and just masking everything its a really small room. Its a shelter with low ceiling and concrete walls and it sucks