recommended 7-string

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
What kind of seven string do you recommend? I'm thinking in terms of prices and quality. I'm tired of playing heavy gauge strings on six string guitars by tuning them down...

thrashmetal78 said:
What kind of seven string do you recommend? I'm thinking in terms of prices and quality. I'm tired of playing heavy gauge strings on six string guitars by tuning them down...

A net-friend of mine owns a schecter 007 elite and has only good things to say about it. Musiciansfriend.com has a list price of $US799.
Good luck. Keep it matal.

Daniel \m/

I just bought a Schecter Diamond Series Blackjack 7 string, and I love it...$599.99 from Musician's friend. VERY nice guitar for the price, and the Seymour Duncan pickups are smokin'...

513080.jpg

:headbang:

either the Schecter Blackjack 7, an Ibanez UV777, or go on evilBay and seek an ESP/ltd. H307, M307, or F207

try the Ibanez models (don't remember which model exactly)
or the 7 Strings Warlocks

I've heard that Washburn makes some good 7strings too, but I never played one, so I can't tell you.

probably the best thing to do is to go to every guitar store you can find in your area, and try every 7strings guitars you can. every brands, don't limitate yourself.

but it depends of your playing and what tone you wanna get, if you're more into prog, an ibanez would be good (and maybe get EMG's pickups..)

hopes it helps

EmperorMalignus said:
try the Ibanez models (don't remember which model exactly)
or the 7 Strings Warlocks

I've heard that Washburn makes some good 7strings too, but I never played one, so I can't tell you.

probably the best thing to do is to go to every guitar store you can find in your area, and try every 7strings guitars you can. every brands, don't limitate yourself.

but it depends of your playing and what tone you wanna get, if you're more into prog, an ibanez would be good (and maybe get EMG's pickups..)

hopes it helps

I completely agree with Emperor - play as many as you can and buy what feels right for you, your style and your budget...