Record shops in Helsinki

Stondis

May 16, 2002
Can anyone recommend me a good record shop in Helsinki?
I'm going there next week and want to blow a whole load of euros on Rock.:D

Keltsi is not too great, I never end up buying what I want, but what they have. The price is good, and so is the location, so I'm not complaining. Spinecenter is also sells metal, it's about 200m from Kamppi...

Spine is at Fredrikinkatu 71, isn't it? Or is this the old address... :confused: ...and there's a very small shop near Fabianinkatu(?!)...good prices and some rare stuff...

Thanks a lot, and I'm not from Turku btw :p And it was Hearse who took me there, a muppet who has lived 22 years in Hellsinki.
That's too bad, cause now you are just stupid :p (I think Turku is official handicap in pääkaupunki-seutu)
And Hearse was obivously born in Turku, and swapped in childbirth. You are SHAME to all people inside Kehä 3 (aka Finnish civilization)!

I think Spine-center was a big disappointment...
True, it's not all that excellent. But I don't see any reason for you to complain if you live in Tampere. Swampmusic has the best metal section I've seen anywhere. They always have full stock on all Norwegian black metal classics, and much Finnish black metal too. Very good shop.

Plus the second-hand shop has a great metal-section too in both vinyls and cd's. Only thing is that during the past five years the prices of second-hand metal cd's have gone up almost 100% from 40-50 mk to 70-80 mk...

Originally posted by Ormir
You are SHAME to all people inside Kehä 3 (aka Finnish civilization)!

I'm sure you mean Ring I? :heh:

Well, I'm no position to say, anyway. I was born in Vantaa and moved to Helsinki some (*cough* 18 or so *cough*) years later, so I'm an immigrant. :p

Hey Stondis. I could construct you a map of Helsinki center with all the record stores' locations marked on it, but not right now, as I'm pouring coollant fluids into my systems.