recording growling and screaming vocal

M.Laithy

New Metal Member
Jan 11, 2013
hey guys , am having troubles with getting a good sound of my screaming vocals , i use sennhiser e815s mic and line6kb37 as audio interface , and what is the best program for windows user to record with , please help me am drowning in here

if you don't have a DAW, download Reaper. AFAIK it's free (?). Make sure you're input isn't clipping. Also, buy a popshield. Then.... practice, practice, read, experiment etc...

Post a clip of what you're getting, it'll make it easier for us to help you. Though to get the sound that randy blythe gets you'll actually have to sound like him in the first place.

Dispite the some mistakes , that's the sound i get , i need a more warm , vocal defined takes ,

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, first off, what the guys said before ^. Get a clean signal coming in first, use a pop-shield, etc.

But dude, you should really not be smoking a joint while shouting/screaming/singing. And i would stand up instead of sitting. If you´re gonna sit, then sit up nice and straight.

I think your shout sounds pretty ok actually!
Try working on breathing techniques, and open your mouth more when doing high pitched screams/higher shouts.

Good luck man!

umm What I have used is eq>desser>compressor, with the eq cut some of the lows out if you boost them you can see they are really not doing anything. Then I make an fx send and put a very small delay on to make the vocals bigger, I think that delay works better than reverb in most cases.
Thats just my way of doing it, If you do not have a Daw invest in one its a must these days.