Recording in January?

Is anyone else excited for the artwork? Personally, I hope they have Necrolord, Andreas Marschall, Travis Smith, or Dan Seagrave do it.

For the production, of course Dan Swanö would be preferable. I'd love to see it produced more like RTC than their past two albums.

Is anyone else excited for the artwork? Personally, I hope they have Necrolord, Andreas Marschall, Travis Smith, or Dan Seagrave do it.

For the production, of course Dan Swanö would be preferable. I'd love to see it produced more like RTC than their past two albums.

I think production wise they have always sounded good on every release, it was only the songwriting that was lacking on the latest album in comparison to previous releases by them.

To say it is "lacking" is just wrong, you just dont like the style and thats fine, we all like different stuff, but the music is fucking class and quality. I mean the other albums are simple in comparison.

So just because it is more technical it is automatically better?? And for the record I do prefer american death metal over swedish death metal there are just no hits on that album, no songs that are a "must" in their future live sets, no songs that would make me rather listen to it then say Morbid Angel. Had that album been released by another band, say an up and coming band it would never had made any impact and would have been forgotten by now. Having a good production is one thing and having good songwriting another. And I stand by my statement that TFM lacks in songwriting.

I didnt say it was better bacause of that, just that it feels like... more work went into it (mer genomarbetad) and I took your comment as you feel its half-assed, guess I kinda misunderstood you.

Fightfightfight!

I do agree with you though, TFM does feel like work was put into it in some way but as bass playah said... No hits, no amazing songs, just a bland album :erk:

At the Behest of Their Death and Mock the Cross were both fantastic songs imo, but in general, I'd agree that the Fathomless Mastery was Bloodbath's weakest album. Mostly because it didn't feel quite as Swedish, I think.

At the Behest of Their Death and Mock the Cross were both fantastic songs imo, but in general, I'd agree that the Fathomless Mastery was Bloodbath's weakest album. Mostly because it didn't feel quite as Swedish, I think.

Mock the cross is too much a rip off off Morbid Angels "Where the slime live"

"Bland", "sub par", I really need to counterbalance this injustice done here to what is BY FAR the most killer Bloodbath full-length, it blows everything into absolute nihil is how awesome it is. Here I go again, fuck man, TFM is filled TO THE FUCKING BRIM with AWESOME Death Metal: At the Behest of Their Death, Treasonous, Hades Rising, Drink From the Cup of Heresy, Wretched Human Mirror... how can any Death Metal fan NOT go completely berserk on such AWESOME, killer, ÜBER, simply ELITE Death Metal songs??!! ALL of those songs are absolutely essential songs in their discography. Together with UTP, TFM it is also BY FAR my favourite Bloodbath release. I still remember being baffled by how lukewarm the album was received by many fans, also on this board. I just couldn't believe they didn't like this absolute monster of an album. Most were very enthusiastic about UTP and so was I, I couldn't be happier that TFM was -IMO- a continuation of that style. I couldn't believe that some who were so enthusiastic about UTP, were disappointed about TFM, it was exactly what could be expected after UTP!
/RANT

Anyway, it's all been said back and forth before... Point being: TFM fucking rules.

Anyway, here's to another killer Bloodbath album, whoever the vocalist is. Can't imagine it's Nick Holmes, he lost his proper growling ability decades ago.. Would DEFINITELY not suit Bloodbath i.m.o..

"Bland", "sub par", I really need to counterbalance this injustice done here to what is BY FAR the most killer Bloodbath full-length, it blows everything into absolute nihil is how awesome it is. Here I go again, fuck man, TFM is filled TO THE FUCKING BRIM with AWESOME Death Metal: At the Behest of Their Death, Treasonous, Hades Rising, Drink From the Cup of Heresy, Wretched Human Mirror... how can any Death Metal fan NOT go completely berserk on such AWESOME, killer, ÜBER, simply ELITE Death Metal songs??!! ALL of those songs are absolutely essential songs in their discography. Together with UTP, TFM it is also BY FAR my favourite Bloodbath release. I still remember being baffled by how lukewarm the album was received by many fans, also on this board. I just couldn't believe they didn't like this absolute monster of an album. Most were very enthusiastic about UTP and so was I, I couldn't be happier that TFM was -IMO- a continuation of that style. I couldn't believe that some who were so enthusiastic about UTP, were disappointed about TFM, it was exactly what could be expected after UTP!
/RANT

Anyway, it's all been said back and forth before... Point being: TFM fucking rules.

Anyway, here's to another killer Bloodbath album, whoever the vocalist is. Can't imagine it's Nick Holmes, he lost his proper growling ability decades ago.. Would DEFINITELY not suit Bloodbath i.m.o..

I agree that UTP is awesome, it has great songs! The songs on TFM are not that good, the riffs are not as good, the choruses etc they simply are not that great songs.
I think many people like the production, the overall sound and therefore they like the album. I agree that the production is great but the songwriting is not all that impressive, for the devils sake the best song is one of the most obvious rip-offs I have ever heard!

And again compared to other bands who do the same thing it just isn't that impressive. When you compare RTC or NMF to bands who do that sort of death metal they are killing the competition in most cases.
Like it if you want but I still think that most people who listen to that album would not give two shits about it had it not said "Bloodbath" on the cover.

Mock The Cross is the least good track on the album.

MadTinus: I hear you.

IMG_3212.jpg