Recording/Mixing Hardcore Vocals

I'm using my Neumann KMS 104 for this one and its already sounding alot better, and I'm using hardware compression on the way in and a CLA-2A plugin and a hard Desser. It's sounding alot better. :headbang: The ArtII's, from my experience with them, sound great on vocals and acoustic guitars, or anything without distortion. It really warms up the sound and adds color to anything you put through it. Combined with an SSL channel strip GREAT for low dynamic hip-hop/pop vocals for cheaapp. With new tubes its the best $300 or whatever it is you can spend for medium budget or home studio productions. It's my first time trying it out on extremely dynamic hardcore vocals, so i'll let you know how it goes... or i'll just post a link when its all finished and you can hear for yourself. :)

There's nothing wrong with ITB comp on the way in, I've encountered many a vocalist with a huge dynamic range and no mic technique. You can have it sitting at -18 with peaks slightly above as much as you want, but you definitely don't want an over to ruin a perfect take.