Recording Programs

mattt

Yes.
Feb 4, 2002
Hello,

im looking for some computer based recording programs to record some music, anyone recommend any programs?

our guitarist uses cool edit.

wavelab is great but got a stupid hard to handle interface.

Cubase is also prefered by many musicians

Originally posted by phyre
It is a Win32 program in console mode... Not a DOS program although it looks like it. Are you sure you have read the docs? :p It might also not work with Windows NT if you're using that but I don't know.

Eddy: Well. I'm as surprised to find another user here as you :lol: It's a great program though. Just trying to spread the word...

I am using Win NT :)

Originally posted by Haupassia
what is N-Track like?

i only had a trial version of n-track so i didnt use it much, but for just some quick recordings n-track seems to be excellent as it's got a very comfortable user interface.

Eddy: Well. I'm as surprised to find another user here as you :lol: It's a great program though. Just trying to spread the word...

:D
Yea, it's a great program, especially when you don't have too much computing power to use (like me)... Actually, the older DOS version of GS is the only program that can properly handle more than three tracks at a time on my computer when recording (3 playing, 1 recording)....

Indeed... I have a P][-266, which most people would now classify as "slow", but it works well. I think it's a hell of a lot faster than I'll ever need in the forseeable future :p

Dude! That's state of the art compared to my piece of antique! My computer equals to about Pentium 150MHz and with 16Mb of RAM.... :err: