Recording Rehearsals

_RiseInside_

Sep 28, 2003
Portugal
I´ve been using a portable minidisc recorder and a sony electret-condenser mic for years. Now that the recorder broke down, i´m in the market for a new one. I would like to get an mp3 flash recorder with mic in. Still haven´t found one. I know there are 2 track recorders like the edirol r09 or m-audio microtrack but that is over budget.

What do you use ?

yes i have a laptop and have recorded rehearsals with it. I just plug the sony stereo mic into the line-in input an it powers up the mic.

i´ve also used the laptop with my firewire soundcard and mics: a pair of condenser overheads, one 57 for the guitar, direct bass, one 58 for the vocals.

both methods work.

nevertheless my idea is getting a small portable recorder for the band to use and sometimes i´m not there so it has to be something simple for the less-technologically-oriented guys i play with. they don´t know how to record a stereo track coming from a minidisc disc to the computer.

it has to be simple.

ok just got myself a used portable hi MD minidisc recorder that comes with a sony condenser mic. Perfect for the band ! These new HI MD can record uncompressed pcm audio which rocks , mp3 and atrac. file transfers use usb and the new 1 gb hi md discs are pretty cool

i have a yamaha 4 track mixer/ minidisk recorder, it has the facility of recording 4 tracks on special data MDs - unfortunately i haven't found any data MDs anywhere, in fact, noone knows they even exist(ed) :p

...so i just settle with recording to stereo :erk:

My band uses the Firepod

1) Kick
2) Snare
3) OH L
4) OH R
5) Guitar L
6) Guitar R
7) Bass
8) Vocals

Works alright :)

Just hop on ebay and snag a small four track that you can feed to you real studio.