*Recording Update*

Stormwatch said:
Why do people like you take Opeth related things so seriously? For fuck sake chill out.

Hey, dumbfuck - that wasn't opeth related AT ALL. You know what it was? Someone being a complete fucking moron. Read his other posts. Go on. We'll wait. Just read the kind of shit Oinkness spews out all over this forum. Go ahead.

Well! Guess you should probably shut the fuck up, since you don't know what you're talking about! Eat shit.

Shouldn't Opeth be soon ready with the studio? Then the mixing and all that stuff and how much time does that take? When the album is ready how long does it take until it is released because they never release it straight after the album's done. (and why's that? what do they have to do before releasing the album?) Just pondering.

Alternative 3 said:
St anger by a good producer might be better, for onw id hope they cut most of the songs in half, and then fix the fucking snare.

I dunno dude, i don't think anything or anyone could save that album :lol:
watching the SKOM doc. the other day made me really see how shit it is haha, watching them write it in the studio was almost painful.

rissy said:
Shouldn't Opeth be soon ready with the studio? Then the mixing and all that stuff and how much time does that take? When the album is ready how long does it take until it is released because they never release it straight after the album's done. (and why's that? what do they have to do before releasing the album?) Just pondering.

hmm, you seem to want to know the day it is released...
[nostradomus]the new Opeth album will be released June 9th[/nostradomus]

It was a painful doco really it was so negative and in the end i liked lars haha.

Least we know this Opeth album won't take 2 years to record, they dont have the money for that studio time, or the egos for the the(rapist).

rissy said:

There's a good chance that they are not even done with the actual recording yet. Although I'd be surprised, considering they actually rehearsed before going into the studio for this one. Mastering can take quite a while - especially if Andy Sneap does it (god willing; he is amazing). Not to mention the fact that they haven't announced what label they've signed with yet.

Obviously they already HAVE signed - that's who's paying for this recording ($1500+ a day, easy). But if they're still having trouble negotiating the contract, that could cause some delays. They DO want it out by this summer, so their US tour will support it. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if we heard an announcement soon that they've started mastering the album...and hopefully a release date at the same time. fuck yes. :headbang:

deliverance, I don't know much about those mixing&mastering things so I really would like to know how long do they usually take. But yes, I want the release date, too. And especially I'd like to know what takes time after the album is done and they don't release it immediately.

deliverance said:
haha i rarely listen to metallica, but i used to be hardcore into them, so i'm just curious to see the SMKOM documentary, just because it was talked about a lot and shizzle. i should be recieving it via netflix today or tomorrow.
I downloaded it when it first came out, watched it once, (took more than one sitting cause it wasnt that great..) then deleted it cause i would rather have the hard drive space. Half of the movie is about them fighting and recording/jamming some SHITTY stuff. After i watched it i truely thought metallica SUCKED. Not surprised they stick to their old stuff on tours.

With what we've heard of how epic and film-esque the next album is meant to sound, adding the fact that they're actually recording proper key parts this time, I'd say the tracking in itself will take a while.

It'll probably be a bit before we see the album hit shelves.

I'm just not very confident in the producer Opeth chose to use, nor the facility. I am so sick of hearing sterile metal albums being released these days. That's just not Opeth's territory... they need a lush sound with lots of variety.. I just hope that's catered for.

Still though, I'm very interested in hearing the upcoming release, because it will be the major contributing factor toward whether I remain a fan of the band.

I think they are trying to keep the time between the announcement of the new label and the release of the album to a minimum. "Our new label is X and they will release the new album next week." Wouldn't it be cool if this was posted on the website :p
Haha, very unlikely, I know..

They should've pulled a Dredg and recorded at George Lucas's Skywalker Ranch Studios. Talk about lush - not only is the scenery awesome, but read the stuff on their site about their rooms. That shit would be epic as all hell. Probably a bit expensive, though...

haggard said:
They should've pulled a Dredg and recorded at George Lucas's Skywalker Ranch Studios. Talk about lush - not only is the scenery awesome, but read the stuff on their site about their rooms. That shit would be epic as all hell. Probably a bit expensive, though...

That's a great idea. El Cielo is a fantastic record... I'm a long time fan and have seen them MANY times. The new record is expected June 29 :)

Out.:devil:

edit: I forgot to mention 2 things.. I remember seeing Dino playing drums recording that record in a HUGE room and the sound turned out great. I would to see Lopez banging in there. Also, I saw that Dino was selling his kit because he got sponsored by another MFG. and he can't play his old set in public anymore.. it was the actual set they recorde El Cielo with. Was like 2,200 bucks american. I can't find the f'n link to the site where it was for sale though... sorry. If I do, I'll post it here for the heck of it.

Mr Samsara said:
That's a great idea. El Cielo is a fantastic record... I'm a long time fan and have seen them MANY times. The new record is expected June 29 :)

No shit man! That is fucking awesome, I can't wait. I've downloaded some of their demos that they made, but they're about years old and pretty rough around the edges, sound-wise. They might not even but those songs on the new album, but its still great, great stuff...like El Cielo mixed with some really good 80s new wave (seriously).

But dude, you have to tell me - where did you hear about that release date? Is it solid? That's definitely in my top 5 most anticipated releases, which are as follows:

1. Opeth, dur
2. New Tool
3. New Dredg
4. Lamb of God's live DVD (april 19th)
5. Suidakra's "Command to Charge" (april 25th in Europe, i'll have to mail order it)

haggard said:
No shit man! That is fucking awesome, I can't wait. I've downloaded some of their demos that they made, but they're about years old and pretty rough around the edges, sound-wise. They might not even but those songs on the new album, but its still great, great stuff...like El Cielo mixed with some really good 80s new wave (seriously).

But dude, you have to tell me - where did you hear about that release date? Is it solid? That's definitely in my top 5 most anticipated releases, which are as follows:

1. Opeth, dur
2. New Tool
3. New Dredg
4. Lamb of God's live DVD (april 19th)
5. Suidakra's "Command to Charge" (april 25th in Europe, i'll have to mail order it)

Release date? It's a rumor... but I'm due to drop Drew an email anyway so I'll confirm it for you. It may take a couple of days for him to get back to me. I do have some tour dates for you listed here

L8R:devil:

Mr Samsara said:
but I'm due to drop Drew an email anyway

You really know Drew? Like, personally? :OMG: Uh, say hey to him for me...and tell him that dredg + mushrooms = incredible. Also tell him to come to fucking North Carolina....without Taproot this time.

but seriously man, any info on the new album would be greatly appreciated. you rock.

Silent Song said:
become a dredg fan anyway, whoever recommended them to me, you rule.

dredg= great

Jesus I've participated in derailing my own *Recording Update* thread... damnit.

anyway, in lieu of creating a Dredg thread that ironically I would be forced to delete, I'll just post this..

I admin THE dredg board here and while you are there, click the top banner to go to my buddy Jon's fantastic Dredg related site. It's great.... and so is Dredg.