Recording

Hey, very cool seeing you guys today. It's very awesome that you guys let us take a peak into your recording process. The audio was nearly impossible to hear what you guys were saying, it was pretty garbled on my end so I just ended up muting it and trying to chat and watch video.

Goddamnit.

I just had to feel like shit earlier. I fell asleep around like, 5-6, and woke up around 11:30/midnight. I completely missed this. I can't believe it. jesus. >_<

Sorry if this duplicates a previous message I tried to send.

Yesterday was much busier than I planned, so I didn't get to see a lot of the broadcast, but really enjoyed the small part I saw.

Yes the audio was, like last year, less than desirable, but the chatting and video are great. I remember a small part from last year when Clay was recording a very short phrase over and over. When "A Great Divide" came out, I heard that small part and it made me feel like I had been a part of the making of the CD. It is great of you guys to make the effort to "let us in" on the process. It adds another dimension to the CD once it's in our hands and we're listening.

By the way, who was in the red shirt? His head was never in the video frame and Mrs. Flyzby wondered who it was.

Hope this happens again - you guys are the best.

Thanks

Well, I tried to get the video to work but I must be Yahoo Messenger challenged. Sorry I missed it. As long as the final outcome (the new CD) is good I'm OK with missing out yesterday.

Thanks for doing it, though.

That will not be the only time that we have live video of recording...however, next time will be a little more structured. Running it all day caused too many problems. Next session we'll set a block of time and make sure it is up and running during that period. It will be up and running next weekend, but check in for the time. I will coordinate that within the next couple days and let all of you know when you can tune in.

Thanks to all the folks who did come and chat...it makes us feel special to know that you guys care.

Clay

Sounds great, Clay. I'll try again next weekend. But this time I will seek out some help on how to get the damn thing to work on my end before heading online.

Oh, and keep up the good work. Suspyre is growing, I can see it. I am a long time member of Mike Portnoy's message board and there are quite a few other members that dig your music, and having that large a base of people seeing the name Suspyre keep popping up is sure to be helpful.

Sounds great, Clay. I'll try again next weekend. But this time I will seek out some help on how to get the damn thing to work on my end before heading online.

Oh, and keep up the good work. Suspyre is growing, I can see it. I am a long time member of Mike Portnoy's message board and there are quite a few other members that dig your music, and having that large a base of people seeing the name Suspyre keep popping up is sure to be helpful.

Just keep spreading the good word...thanks man.

We couldn't actually broadcast this week, due to some time issues. Next weekend I will be unavailable to broadcast as well. I will post times everywhere of the next time that we broadcast.

to add something new to this thread ... hand percussion & drum set are officially done! I just got back from the studio, and it went VERY well, even with some late/early hours. It sounds amazing and it really adds (even more) color to the music. This weekend consisted of djembe, tabla, and actually the rack around my drum set, for a great microtonal "dinging" sound. Once again, I must say that I am very pleased/proud to be a part of something like this, and I think all of you will really enjoy this CD.

Yeah i actually got to sit in on the hand percussion recording and while at first I was skeptical of an Indian feel with the hand percussion, the guys thoroughly put to rest my doubts. I have had the honor of growin up with Jeff and what he did with the djembe, tabla's, and his drum rack only make me happier to be his friend. Getting to chill with Greg and Rich was an awesome experience and seeing firsthand what they are capable of makes me love this band even more.