Recording

Interesting combination of percussion.

definitely. the djembe & tabla work suprisingly well together though, and especially with the toms & mini-tymps on my set. i couldnt have asked for a better blending of sounds. the rack and cymbal "dings" work equally as well, too. this is exactly how i was hoping it would sound. Welcome Buttons, i mean Corrupt, i mean Cindi, i mean The-Other-White-Jeff ... man of many names. So hopefully this thread will be coming to an end soon, meaning we'll be done with recording and one step closer to actually releasing the CD. i'm looking forward to hearing the songs with vocals. I actually have one more song to track tabla on, but it cant happen until the rest of the song (including vocals) are done, so thats in a few weeks ... we'll mic it the same way, dont worry!!! Buttons (corrupt), thanks for the "quit work, move music"-ness of last weekend, buddy.:headbang:

Update as of 10/26/07:

We're gearing up to start recording some vocal stuff real soon. I have started getting a few of the updated midi files with melodies and have been reviewing them. I'm really looking forward to it and the plan as of right now is to get a little bit started the first weekend in november.

Non recording, we took some individual pictures to update the website and myspace. however, andrew fell very ill and was unable to attend. Either way we'll get a few new pics up and probably be able get the pictures of Sam off that have been lingering around for far too long. We're going to try and reschedule another shoot asap to get some good full band shots up and such.

I've also been sick with a massive sore throat for the last 3 days and counting. It's impossible to sing right now which really bums me out, but as of now I'll be back in the studio next weekend to see what happens. As of now I think we're looking to start recording the "single" of the album. That's not definate, but as with a great divide we kind of new april was the most friendly song...I would assume the same kind of goes for this one.

We'll give you more as it comes.

Clay

A DVD would be sweet....And would be the first music DVD I would ever buy!

Well, I had Zeppelin's How the West was Won (a birthday gift) but I never watched and eventually sold it.

Interesting, I almost only buy music DVDs.

I've heard a lot of good things about that DVD. Even though I'm not a huge Led Zeppelin fan, I'd still watch it.

I doubt a Suspyre DVD in the near future is realistic. The one way I'd agree to release a live concert is if no one told me it was being recorded. I would get way too nervous if I knew our performance was to be documented and released to the public, heh.

If it was a DVD of staged studio footage that we could review and edit, I'll be all for it. My favorite parts of music DVDs are the backstage footage and the commentaries. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever watch the concert part sans commentary!

you guys should have just had someone carry a camera and follow you guys everywhere during all the recording sessions and released all the footage on your website. From what little i saw i can tell that it wold have been great.

There are 2 big reasons why I don't buy music DVD's. First, I don't have a home theater set up. I have an 8 year old 25 inch tv and no speakers hooked up to it. And I would not feel right watching a concert on a crap system. Second, I have little time to watch a DVD. For me it's much easier to pop in a CD to listen to instead of sitting through a full concert DVD. Once my kids get older and I have the money to spend on a good tv that all will change, however.

Voodoo, I am the same way. I can never find the time to watch music DVDs because they are time consuming to have to sit down in front of a t.v. to watch. However CDs you can pop in and listen to them while doing other things. Easier to multi-task. So I rarely ever buy a music DVD unless it is something that really really perks my interest.

I did do some digital video recording of Jeff's time in the studio. I hope to get some coverage of Clay doing vocals one of these weekends. The goal is to release some of the footage on the website or youtube at some point but it may be awhile before we have enough good footage (and not just of Jeff, no offense Jeff) to post it. Maybe even use it as a teaser or preview and put it to a release of the "single" song from the new album! oh la la! Still throwing around ideas...

Voodoo, I am the same way. I can never find the time to watch music DVDs because they are time consuming to have to sit down in front of a t.v. to watch. However CDs you can pop in and listen to them while doing other things. Easier to multi-task. So I rarely ever buy a music DVD unless it is something that really really perks my interest.

I did do some digital video recording of Jeff's time in the studio. I hope to get some coverage of Clay doing vocals one of these weekends. The goal is to release some of the footage on the website or youtube at some point but it may be awhile before we have enough good footage (and not just of Jeff, no offense Jeff) to post it. Maybe even use it as a teaser or preview and put it to a release of the "single" song from the new album! oh la la! Still throwing around ideas...

...really? i'd love to see it. i can't get onto that ftp site either, apparently its allergic to apples, if you know what i mean. also, if its gonna be sync'd up to the new single, it HAS to match up. my biggest pet peeve is when u see a drummer hit a crash cymbal or something in a video, yet u hear the most blatant snare hit ever, but yea that'd definitely be cool to set up. shouldn't be too much longer... it'd be cool to see those pics, too, haha

Didn't want to start a new thread so I decided this is a good place to post this....Don't know why it took me so long to search Youtube for any Suspyre videos and I found 2 so far. One was the City Under Sands video and another was the band goofing off in the studio. Since I have never seen anyone in the band yet (or Jill, manager extraordinaire) I was glad to find the videos. Looks like a comfortable atmosphere. I would definitely like to see some video of more recent trips to the studio, if possible.