Redbook CD...

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Hey,

That's a noob question and I probably will be bashed for that but anyway...

I did not work on Wave Editor for a long time and now I have to burn a Redbook CD with it in addition to the DDP delivered via email. The only option available is 'burn a CD' which is actually the same thing that creating a simple audio CD. Will the newly created CD contain all the infos regarding the album? (index, CDtext, ISRC...) or only audio?

I read many things about Redbook CD and I think the answer is yes but I prefer to ask here as many of you are accustomed to this.

I am not familiar with Wave Editor... The only one I found googling was some sort of free thing. I use WaveLab personally.

I would think that if the program supports DDP's, it more than likely does Redbook compliant CD's with all the metadata.

Most run of the mill CD burning software follows the Redbook standards, just with limited options of course. DDP is something just for pro audio or audiophiles and definitely not common to support.

I would just send it. They will most likely use the DDP anyway (as they should). They should tell you if there are problems.

I do usually send DDP only but some factories still want Redbook CD (maybe they don't have the right equipement??) So I have to burn one.
Anyway, I'll send what I burnt and see if it's ok. If it's not, then I'd look for another software. DSP Quattro looks quite good and it's not too expensive. Do you use it?

Yes. I use it. Any plant not working from ddp is living in the past.
Ddp is an image of the red book cd and contains all track info and codes etc.
It is the best solution for gauranteed no errors.
Once you zip the ddp and send it with a checksum file it is foolproof.

Yes I know that but some bands came back to me asking for a redbook CD because the factory did not want work from a DDP. I precise that the DDPs I provided did not have error or something. Weird indeed. Speaking about checksum, I usually check the field when I export DDP, I guess I don't have to do anything else?

Redbook is just the name for the "standard" Audio CD...you know,16bit, 44.1khz, max 99 tracks, 4 secs minimum playtime, max minutes etc...
So weird that they don't take DDP though.

Well, I'm a bit confused... So how can we burn a CD with all the metadata? (is it only possible?) When I provided Redbook CD I've also always included a PQ sheet, so I guess the factory used the CD for the audio and wrote itself the metadata following the PQ sheet.