Redemption "the Fullness of Time"

purplica said:
oh eric, so sorry for ya! :cry:

but i don't understand the whole thing about the keys. :confused: kamelot have keys in their music, they just haven't had a keyboard player as a regular member in their band the last few years. only recently have they welcomed oliver palotai as a regular member, and he's on tour with them. they even have 2 keyboard solos from jens johansson on "the black halo". :Spin:

btw: a secret project, i hear ...? :err:

I think it was more a question of time...I fly into NY today and the tour starts on Thursday. The guys (especially the new guys) just learned the existing arrangements, and to throw some new elements at them right before the tour is a bit risky. You don't want to throw anybody off now that they've got their parts down. And while prog bands like Kamelot make a priority of keyboards (I checked out some clips - wild stuff!) the true metal bands don't always see it that way. Which is sad, especially cause I put a lot of time into creating some wild stuff for these songs that was not so much prog, but metal! I think the decision makes some sense, I just wish it could have been planned a little better as I lost some time and money now in the process. In any event I'm sure the shows will kick ass! Now I've got 10 days to kill in NY...

chynablue said:
See, now I am REALLY depressed!!!! And I've been getting notes from e-zines tonight to talk about the upcoming tour. The whole point of doing these shows are to finally meet folks like yourself, the musicians and the fans and the people who have a love for this music. It's a new sound, and these are the first shows (actually Thusday is the VERY first show) with Alan Techio on vocals, as well as a new bass player. A new tour is challenging enough without adding too many new players and elements. When you hear the new Witches album (I don't know how many fans there are on the Enchant board, although I've met quite a few) you'll see what the keys have added to the music, and can be the ultimate jury.

Have a great show Rick, I love your posts and would have liked to finally meet you too. I hate my life right now...:err:
Yeah, that is a bummer :(

Wow! I didn't realize there were other changes besides bringing in Alan to replace James. I guess I'll only recognize the drummer and Jack. No doubt that is a LOT of changes and it probably is a good idea to mitigate the risk. Unfortunately, that affects you. I have heard a few tracks from Amped and noticed that keys had been added. I just didn't remember that you were the doing them -- it has, admittedly, been a few months since I check out your web site. Yes, it did add a new dimension to the music.

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes Eric! And it definitely sucks that I won't have the chance to meet you now (even though I just found out last night). That is, unless you decide to make the 4+ hour drive down to the DC area from NY to come to show anyhow. You did mention having 10 days to kill! :Spin: Make sure you hunt me down if you make an appearance. Have a safe flight!

Rick Pierpont said:
Yeah, that is a bummer :(

Wow! I didn't realize there were other changes besides bringing in Alan to replace James. I guess I'll only recognize the drummer and Jack.

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes Eric! And it definitely sucks that I won't have the chance to meet you now (even though I just found out last night). That is, unless you decide to make the 4+ hour drive down to the DC area from NY to come to show anyhow.

Yeah bro, a four hour drive each way would be a bit much. I'll see the band in their local shows and may do some pick-up gigs around town (everyone is playing around Thanksgiving weekend, go figure). I'm definitely bummed, but the decision makes some sense and I beleive they tried to the last day to make it happen. In the meantime it's like 40 degrees here and I am freezing my ass off! Hopefully I'll get to see some good live music while I am here. Good luck with your gig and be sure to let Jack and the guys know that you know me, and that next time we WILL do this together! :worship:

All the best,

Eric

It will kick your ass my friend, so I guess we will be seeing you at ALL the shows in Germany hey?

ich bin besser said:
Ed:
I ordered the CD today. It better be good - or I won't attend an Enchant gig again... :err:

chynablue said:
Yeah bro, a four hour drive each way would be a bit much. I'll see the band in their local shows and may do some pick-up gigs around town (everyone is playing around Thanksgiving weekend, go figure). I'm definitely bummed, but the decision makes some sense and I beleive they tried to the last day to make it happen. In the meantime it's like 40 degrees here and I am freezing my ass off! Hopefully I'll get to see some good live music while I am here. Good luck with your gig and be sure to let Jack and the guys know that you know me, and that next time we WILL do this together! :worship:

All the best,

Eric
Yeah, I understand that! I've driven to NY a few times (both Long Island and Manhattan) to see Symphony X and in one case a couple years back I got off of work a few hours early one Friday, met my brother at my house in PA, drove 4 hours to LaMours, ate dinner, saw the show, left the club at 2:30am, and drove home. Pulled in my garage @ 6:30am!!! Thank God for Red Bull :) I still went out on a date that night and saw another local band that night in Baltimore too! :Spin: Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment, but I LOVE live music! BTW, Jaxx is almost 2 hours away for me. :( It really is the only place hosting these types of shows in the entire region!

So yeah, the long drive isn't really recommended if there are some shows close to you. Although OC won't be playing there. ;) We are working on getting some shows up that way in the future though (Philly, Allentown, and NY).

Good luck getting some shows to make your trip worthwhile. And honestly, their decision makes sense to me even though it still sucks!

Hahahaha!! You CA spoiled brat! :lol: Yeah, luckily the cold stuff hasn't reached here yet today and it was still like 70 degrees when I came into work today. It supposed to get colder as the day goes on down into the 20s or 30s YUK!!!!!! Dude, I hate this shit too and I lived here my entire life. I usually make out your way about once a year and LOVE the weather!

Yes, catch some good shows. Thanks for the well wishes! Hell yeah - only one more day! OK, will do! Jack's a cool guy. I enjoyed talking to him last time. James was a trip too. Yes, we WILL!!!

Take care and have a great time in NY!!

Rick

Have a great show man, kick some @!#!$$ too bad Eric will not be there to make the show all that much better! Eric that bites! what lable is that? man keys make the show! Hey I wish we were closer I would be there for sure. Kamelot is a great band that we will probably never see out here. But then again we are spoiled, it is really hot today in the Bay Area guys :)

ebass said:
Rick

Have a great show man, kick some @!#!$$ too bad Eric will not be there to make the show all that much better! Eric that bites! what lable is that? man keys make the show! Hey I wish we were closer I would be there for sure. Kamelot is a great band that we will probably never see out here. But then again we are spoiled, it is really hot today in the Bay Area guys :)

Yeah I am obviously bummed now for a lot of reasons - especially as I was making A LOT of headway on that other thing. But hey, it's 70 degrees and sunny and I've already resumed writing on the plane. Gotta love technology!

Have fun Rick, let me know how it all goes brother. :hotjump:

ebass said:
Rick

Thanks Ed! You rock!! :headbang: I intend on kicking some "@!#!$$" and I even took off the rest of the week so I'd have more energy tonight and didn't have to worry about writing code half asleep tomorrow!

That does bite! Especially considering that you are already "in town" Eric.

Wow! Tonight will be my second time seeing them! Hop on a plane real quick Ed, you can probably still make it time!:loco:

Maybe it is a good thing you aren't in town today, Ed. ;) Throwing your warm weather in our faces isn't a good idea (as it is 34 our right now). Probably even colder up in NY!

chynablue said:
Yeah I am obviously bummed now for a lot of reasons - especially as I was making A LOT of headway on that other thing. But hey, it's 70 degrees and sunny and I've already resumed writing on the plane. Gotta love technology!

Have fun Rick, let me know how it all goes brother. :hotjump:

For one thing Eric, you know how to picque one's interest with all this talk of some other thing! Yeah, well that was yesterday -- no 70 today! Technology rocks too!

Thanks, I will! :headbang:

Mike

Whats happening Chief Rocker

Certainly Prymary for PP06

Hey we need the West Coast Version as well, PROG POWER WEST :) now that would be amazing, we would need the amazing Tipton bros ( Zero Hour ) Dustins band from SLC Katagory 5, and Rick and Odins Court all the way from the other coast, and of course Vox Tempus featuring the amazing and incredible Mr Ragno. NOW THAT WOULD ROCK :) I think people would travel for that one. One can dream of being surrounded by some of the coolest musicians and people around!

ebass said:
Mike

Hey we need the West Coast Version as well, PROG POWER WEST :) now that would be amazing, we would need the amazing Tipton bros ( Zero Hour ) Dustins band from SLC Katagory 5, and Rick and Odins Court all the way from the other coast, and of course Vox Tempus featuring the amazing and incredible Mr Ragno. NOW THAT WOULD ROCK :) I think people would travel for that one. One can dream of being surrounded by some of the coolest musicians and people around!

Hey I will be in LA next weekend any good shows?

Yes, Prymary was excelent at the pre-party a few years back - it was a shame I felt like shit and didn't get to fully enjoy them.

Now you're talking! That already sounds like an incredible lineup! I've only seen ZH twice, Kat V once, and Prymary once. Never seen Vox Tempus, but Eric seems cool as shit so that sounds like a winner too. I know it was implied but it needs to be mentioned -- Enchant!!!! And I/we would be beyond humbled to be involved in a lineup like that!! Hell, just get Enchant, ZH, and Kat V together and that is a show worth traveling for! :) Hell, just get Enchant! That's all I want for Christmas! :worship:

ebass said:
Mike

Bro I would be all over that show like white on rice...... :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Burke said:
Bro I would be all over that show like white on rice...... :headbang::headbang::headbang:
::Insert Robert related comment here::

But seriously, I would fly to Cali again to see PP WEST! But what would it take to get Odin's Court, Vox Tempus, Prymary, and Enchant to play Prog Power South (as in South Florida)? Realistically speaking, it would be cool if you guys could all play down here for a show. I can think of some venues, that you guys could play down here. Dave and I would get a whole bunch of raving, prog metal/rock lovin' lunatics and topless chics to see ya for that lineup! :D

Love the new Redemption. One thing, though: the piano melody in the beginning of "Threads" _really_ reminds me of a Symphony X piano riff, I think in "Awakenings" off of "The Odyssey." Anybody else hear this?

NP: Led Zeppelin I

Wounded Land said:
Love the new Redemption. One thing, though: the piano melody in the beginning of "Threads" _really_ reminds me of a Symphony X piano riff, I think in "Awakenings" off of "The Odyssey." Anybody else hear this?

NP: Led Zeppelin I

Absolutely! It hit me the first time I ever heard the song. For those who are wondering check out 1:18 of Threads and compare that part with 0:48 of Communion and the Oracle from Symphony X's "V" release.

It was so blatant that I figured they did that as a nod to SyX. I think I also remember a part that reminded my of The Accolade (from Divine Wings).

And yes, the new Redemption is killer!

You guys are correct. When I was handed the music for "Threads" to begin recording, the part you guys refer to was clearly labeled as the "Symphony X riff as Nick is a huge fan of their music.

Hey Chris, love it man, total honesty, so many bands do this but won't admit it :) man everything sounds like something else becuase we all have influences. So then Symphonys label would have read "Kansas Part " then right? Thats what I hear there and I love that part.

Hey when I was down visiting you guys that weekend we had that very discussion, Nick and I, there are only so many notes on the fretboard, or keys for that matter. By the way it was great to see you guys and again you rule on this disc. The drums are amazing!

Also there is an great interview here folks on Fullness check it out.

mftezine.net

And check out Prymary as well to hear more of Chris and his incredible drumming.

Thanks for stopping in man.

PrymaryChris said:
You guys are correct. When I was handed the music for "Threads" to begin recording, the part you guys refer to was clearly labeled as the "Symphony X riff as Nick is a huge fan of their music.

ebass said:
Hey when I was down visiting you guys that weekend we had that very discussion, Nick and I, there are only so many notes on the fretboard, or keys for that matter. By the way it was great to see you guys and again you rule on this disc. The drums are amazing!

And check out Prymary as well to hear more of Chris and his incredible drumming.

Thanks for stopping in man.

Hey Chris, sorry I didn't get to meet you when Ed came down - I made it out the following night. Everything Ed says is VERY true, the Redemption album is FANTASTIC. Hoping to see Prymary live sometime in the near future. Ed, great visit, can't wait to get you back down here again in January!

Eric