Redemption welcomes new bassist

nvandyk

Feb 11, 2002
Visit site
I am excited to introduce you to Sean Andrews, Redemption's newest member. Sean is an exceptionally gifted bassist and he replaces the departing James Sherwood, who remains a friend of the Redemption family as he explores other musical interests.

Sean's major influences include Geddy Lee, Stuart Hamm, Victor Wooten and John Myung. Sean has known our drummer, Chris Quirarte, for many years and was in fact the original bassist of Chris' band Prymary, circa 1996. He played in a variety of bands in the late 1990s and in 2004, he performed as a guest musician on the Chain.exe project from Henning Pauly (Frameshift). For the last ten years, he has been teaching bass and guitar.

It was not easy to find a bass player that could live up to the high bar that James set during his time with us. James is an amazingly talented player and contributed a great deal to Redemption's sound. I can say, however, that in Sean Andrews, we have someone every bit as talented and unique, and someone who is going to play an even more integral role in our band. He is the perfect choice to fill the very demanding position of Redemption's bass player.

As for James, we wish him well and thank him very much for his contribution. We look forward to hearing about his next musical projects, even as we prepare to work very closely with Sean in the immediate future. More information on this front to follow in the next few days...

As always, thanks for your interest and support.

Well if you can judge a bassist by the bassists that influence him, then I'm sure that Sean is one hell of a bass player! Congrats guys on getting a new bassist! Damn! I wish that I knew where I could have signed up for Redemption's bass chair! :D