Refund of money for show at DD's (Morristown) and ARCTIC FLAME still on for free!

Cruzado

Sangre, sudor y lágrimas.
Oct 4, 2005
Wharton, New Jersey
Today I stopped at DD's to see what was going on with the refund. They refunded me the money for the two tickets I had purchased without any problems. They were very nice and I was told that this has been a big disappointment for them. Leslie, who was in charge of the ticket sales, also told me Arctic Flame is playing FOR FREE. The show will start at around 10:30 or so (a band is opening for them and then there will be a half hour in between both acts).

Beer is going to be discounted (2 dollars a bottle) during part of the night, too.

I felt bad for the people who were in charge of putting this together at DD's. DD's will be given back the money they paid but they are losing all the money they spent in advertising.

Besides, they had counted on having a very profitable evening. I am sure they could have planned another event that would have left them good money may Saxon (or their manager) have told them sooner than yesterday...

so if you have nothing to do, stop by DD's to see Arctic Flame and have a couple fo beers!

I hope DD's keeps the faith and takes more chances in the future to bring Saxon or any other metal act to Northern Jersey! :headbang:

The venue has no responsability over this, I am sure of it. They were let down, too. Anyway, I am gonna go tomorrow and see Arctic Flame. I live very close anyway, so it is not a big sacrifice for me to go, check them out and spend the evening having a few beers and listening to metal.

As I said, I hope DD's will try to bring other metal bands to the area, although they will probably think about it twice before they do it.

Is Operatika going to play?
DD's called us personally to tell us it was cancelled. Class act, that venue.

AMBR said:
Is Operatika going to play?
DD's called us personally to tell us it was cancelled. Class act, that venue.

Taken from Arctic's Flame website...

11/4/2005
The Saxon show at Double D's has been cancelled. The band had trouble obtaining their visa's. Though ArcticFlame was looking forward to this event, AF will still perform along with the band As We Speak. AF will unleash about an hours worth of material plus Morty returns to the stage. Show starts at 9 PM.

Cruzado said:
Today I stopped at DD's to see what was going on with the refund. They refunded me the money for the two tickets I had purchased without any problems. They were very nice and I was told that this has been a big disappointment for them. Leslie, who was in charge of the ticket sales, also told me Arctic Flame is playing FOR FREE. The show will start at around 10:30 or so (a band is opening for them and then there will be a half hour in between both acts).

Beer is going to be discounted (2 dollars a bottle) during part of the night, too.

I felt bad for the people who were in charge of putting this together at DD's. DD's will be given back the money they paid but they are losing all the money they spent in advertising.

Besides, they had counted on having a very profitable evening. I am sure they could have planned another event that would have left them good money may Saxon (or their manager) have told them sooner than yesterday...

so if you have nothing to do, stop by DD's to see Arctic Flame and have a couple fo beers!

I hope DD's keeps the faith and takes more chances in the future to bring Saxon or any other metal act to Northern Jersey! :headbang:

Leslie there was very cool when I went to pick up my ticket there:cool:

Paco too is a great guy:cool:

They had the place loaded with Saxon flyers and posters too! I was going to help myself with the BIG LionHeart flyer they had there:tickled:

Golden_Goose said:
They had the place loaded with Saxon flyers and posters too! I was going to help myself with the BIG LionHeart flyer they had there:tickled:

I saw that one... I may ask for it tonight and have it signed by the band in March... :heh: