Regarding the new Opeth tour

Dark One

The Tainted Dogma
Feb 5, 2002
Southwest Florida
www.ultimatemetal.com
You were right JayKeeley. They're playing the exact same setlist they played on the first leg of the Deliverance tour. Looks like it's D.R.I. for me on 5/15.

Oh well, they're coming back for two more tours this year so I know it's not my last chance to see them or anything like that. The Damnation tour with Porcupine Tree should be interesting (if very mellow), and who knows what will happen on the last tour (I suppose it could be a second leg of the Damnation tour, but I hope not because I wanna hear songs like "In Mist She Was Standing", "The Twilight Is My Robe", "Nectar", "April Ethereal", "When" & "The Moor" dammit!)

:)

Dark One said:
You were right JayKeeley. They're playing the exact same setlist they played on the first leg of the Deliverance tour. Looks like it's D.R.I. for me on 5/15.

Yeah fair enough. It will be Haddsie and Chief B's first time seeing Opeth so they're in for a treat with the setlist.

And I'm excited to see Lacuna Coil too. And perhaps meet Cristina if she and Haddsie get together.

DANZIG!!!
OPETH!!!
NILE!!!

I tried listening to Superjoint Ritual again yesterday, it's just boring! I'm not familiar with Behemoth and Lacuna Coil, although I am looking forward to hearing the latter.

Yup, Blackest of the Black. It is supposed to spread across the country, but who knows.

phyre said:
So what is the setlist then? I've seen Opeth once, before Deliverance, and they played The Leper Iffinity, White Cluster, Advent, The Drapery Falls and Demon Of The Fall. Rather short gig, that... Or long songs.

Here you go, if you you haven't seen this full set yet you're in for a treat:

The Leper Affinity
Advent
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
Godheads Lament
Credence
Bleak
A Fair Judgement
Demon Of The Fall

ChiefB said:
On some of their shows, I believe they also play Serenity Painted Death as an additional encore.

Actually, Serenity Painted Death was played instead of Godhead's Lament at about 2 or 3 shows towards the end of the 1st leg of the tour, which was the only variation they showed in the setlist. Good point however, since they may opt to do the same this time around.