Reign Of Terror

one man

Jul 4, 2002
Poland
Visit site
Well, I'm listening to this kick-ass song right now and I realize that it's perhaps the most mysterious TestAmenT track..at least for me. I've always wondered why testament didn't put it on The Legacy record. Any ideas?
It's really beyond me. I mean- it was one of their first songs, a real classic (played live?), the demo tape (or both?) contained it, but it was left out before The Legacy.
Didn't Chuck like to sing it back then (I say "Chuck", because the other guys had played it on the demo)? But then why did they put it on "Live At Eindhoven" and the "Trial By Fire" single? Then again, why didn't it appear on "The New Order". Was it too heavy ? :D
Was it because of the funny (or stupid, as some might say) lyrics that Zet had written? I know Eric had complained about Zetro's legacy that the band inherited in the lyrics (he gave the example of the chorus in "Reign Of Terror", if I remember correctly).
Had The Legacy always been meant as a nine-track-record and they didn't want to change the plans or was there no room for 10 songs on it :)?
And one more question...was the song's version on "Trial by fire" very different from the one on RTTAC? I'm not asking whether there was only one version of it with Chuck singing or not, for I assume there were 2 different ones, as Chuck sounded both old-school and 1993-like (not like during The New Order era) on the only version I know...still, I may be wrong... Damn, that's a long sentence!
I know these questions may sound ridiculous (retarded, anyone?) and I'm sorry they do, but I'm just curious and maybe someone can provide some info about it :cool:

Man you should have been there when they performed that song during the Dynamo Open Air festival in the rain! FUCK THE RAIN!!! I went crazy!!

I think it sucks that Zetro did the vocals for that song on "First Strike Still Deadly"

For me it was pretty interesting to hear Zetr do it, although I'd also love to hear Chuck A.D. 2001 sing this awesome and powerful song.

High Priest Of Evil said:
For me it was pretty interesting to hear Zetr do it, although I'd also love to hear Chuck A.D. 2001 sing this awesome and powerful song.

Actually... I really like the vocals on the RTAC version because chuck rules and we all know it :)

But I think Zetro did a REALLY great job on it! FAR FAR better than what he did on Alone in the Dark... wich kinda sucked IMHO... I think the FSSD version is just as killer as any other version but different! I agree that it would be amazing to hear Chuck on that one nowadays!