Release date for the U.S.?

sometimes i feel that the U.S. dont deserve having cds of katatonia being release here, because i havent found a real metal head....only posers and a bunch of punks who listen to greenday and they think they are satanics.

Discouraged+One said:
sometimes i feel that the U.S. dont deserve having cds of katatonia being release here, because i havent found a real metal head....only posers and a bunch of punks who listen to greenday and they think they are satanics.

where do you live? i live in the northeast and there have always been a decent amount of metalheads in these parts. with the metalcore trend exposing more kids to real metal in addition to metalcore, i'm finding it hard to go out in public without seeing someone in a metal shirt. the posers are everywhere.

daebreak80 said:
where do you live? i live in the northeast and there have always been a decent amount of metalheads in these parts. with the metalcore trend exposing more kids to real metal in addition to metalcore, i'm finding it hard to go out in public without seeing someone in a metal shirt. the posers are everywhere.

i live in in california, so you know what i mean...

Discouraged+One said:

That's the fucking weirdest thing I've ever heard. First of all, Katatonia is hardly even metal anymore so I don't know why that would matter. Katatonia would probably appeal to plenty of the "posers" you are talking about. Second, there are plenty of metalheads here. They are just spread out. I know a lot of real metalheads...maybe you only associate with posers so you don't notice anyone else?

Even though I'm not clear on what the fuck makes someone a poser. That's a middle-school term if I ever heard one. Say that a lot of people like shitty music and don't know metal, I will agree 100%. But I just can't understand what a poser is.

dmjawknee said:
That's the fucking weirdest thing I've ever heard. First of all, Katatonia is hardly even metal anymore so I don't know why that would matter. Katatonia would probably appeal to plenty of the "posers" you are talking about. Second, there are plenty of metalheads here. They are just spread out. I know a lot of real metalheads...maybe you only associate with posers so you don't notice anyone else?

Even though I'm not clear on what the fuck makes someone a poser. That's a middle-school term if I ever heard one. Say that a lot of people like shitty music and don't know metal, I will agree 100%. But I just can't understand what a poser is.

a poser is someone who pretend to be something his not....but whatever, katatonia may appeal to posers, but, that doesnt change that they dont deserve it, i wouldnt like someone who like the white strpies, or greenday to have a cd of katatonia, thats like...buh whatever.

well, when the BLACK SESSIONS COMPILATION was released, i had it in two weeks after released, and i saw it in the mtv music store in the U.S, so i dont think theres gonna be any problem to get it, anyways, the end records is there always hehe.

Discouraged+One said:
a poser is someone who pretend to be something his not....but whatever, katatonia may appeal to posers, but, that doesnt change that they dont deserve it, i wouldnt like someone who like the white strpies, or greenday to have a cd of katatonia, thats like...buh whatever.

This might be the most ridiculous post I have ever seen here.
How can you possibly be a fan of a band like Katatonia (who draws from influences from far beyond just metal) and make such a statement.

Sounds more like an argument from a close minded Cannibal Corpse fan or something.

Jasonic said:
This might be the most ridiculous post I have ever seen here.
How can you possibly be a fan of a band like Katatonia (who draws from influences from far beyond just metal) and make such a statement.

Sounds more like an argument from a close minded Cannibal Corpse fan or something.

Exactly what I was about to say...
besides metal is not only for the metalheads(not that Katatonia are that metal in last several years)... alot of guys(like me) got into metal from the grunge progressive side.posers are not the ones who like different genres of music but those so called "Elitists" that know much about a certain Metal band but pretty much know nothing about anything else.
Now, about the green day thing...I just have one thing to say "Dan fuckin' Swano"

Discouraged+One said:
i wouldnt like someone who like the white strpies, to have a cd of katatonia, thats like...buh whatever.

Oh well.. i have one of White Stripes records and I like it. So i guess you hate me and I don't deserve to be on this board. Maybe I'll just find some peaceful and quiet place, put VE on the cd player and start posing for my imaginary friends.

Daniel L. said:
i like nu-metal...thoughts??
Some of it (or some music that is inspired by it) can be quite good. See: Dir en grey. Also, the first Sevendust album. There might be more, but I can't think of any others to mention, and those two are plenty.

Just because a band is under a certain genre doesn't mean they can't be quality. If it's good, it's good.