Releases 2009!

Aug 14, 2008
New Cattle Decapitation is excellent! I never liked this band up til now but this could actually make my top albums of 09. GREEEAT CD.

I liked the new Absu alot, but it hasn't grabbed me like some other new releases have. For those of you who are into Necrophagist, check out the new Obscura album. It features the old Necrophagist drummer and guitarist and one of the old Pestilence bassists (the bass playing on this album rapes souls from beyond the grave). It's basically a weird, more avant garde Necrophagist that throws in some Cynic and Death worship in there for good measure. The songs themselves are pretty cool, but the guitar solos are really unnecessarily shreddy.

Here are the 2k9 albums that I am really into right now:

Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue With the Stars

Tombs - Winter Hours

Ephel Duath - Through My Dog's Eyes

Obscura - Cosmogensis

Cattle Decapitation - The Harvest Floor

cant wait for the new Mastodon in about 6 weeks or so!! they're not 'extreme epic progressive melodic metal' though so i dunno if anyone else around here gives a damn haha.

I can't wait either! Meantime you should check out the new Tombs! Awesome, and not too far off from Mastodon musically.

Wowwowowow it's 2009! Here it goes to start off this shitty ass year:

Suidakra - Crogacht: If you've heard one Suidakra you've heard em all. Sounds like the other half of the last disc, which is fucking awesome cause Suidakra is the shit! Love it.

Dark Moor - Autumnal: I don't even know why I bother listening to power metal releases after 2001. Please if someone knows a power metal band that hasn't gone to shit just yet please PM me.

Lamb of God - Wrath: Undecided. Kinda kick fucking ass. Kinda weird. Pretty gay. But still awesome. They take things in a much more technical direction but don't quite have the absolutely kick ass line up of songs that As the Palaces Burn had. Nice change of pace though. I would have died if they went going in the same direction as Sacrament was headed.

Hatesphere - To The Nines: Haven't listened to it. Just got it! Haha. Hopefully it's great.

Alestorm - Leviathan: Pretty funny/entertaining. Sick news for me I have backstage passes and a live interview with these ugly Scotts in Seattle sometime in March thanks to my gay liberal arts college's radio station. I will say that Alestorm could be the best band to drink to ever.

That's about it. Hope 2009 improves! Can't wait for Wintersun - Time! Haha I jest I think Jari was sayin something like 2019...

Wowwowowow it's 2009! Here it goes to start off this shitty ass year:

Suidakra - Crogacht: If you've heard one Suidakra you've heard em all. Sounds like the other half of the last disc, which is fucking awesome cause Suidakra is the shit! Love it.

Dark Moor - Autumnal: I don't even know why I bother listening to power metal releases after 2001. Please if someone knows a power metal band that hasn't gone to shit just yet please PM me.

Lamb of God - Wrath: Undecided. Kinda kick fucking ass. Kinda weird. Pretty gay. But still awesome. They take things in a much more technical direction but don't quite have the absolutely kick ass line up of songs that As the Palaces Burn had. Nice change of pace though. I would have died if they went going in the same direction as Sacrament was headed.

Hatesphere - To The Nines: Haven't listened to it. Just got it! Haha. Hopefully it's great.

Alestorm - Leviathan: Pretty funny/entertaining. Sick news for me I have backstage passes and a live interview with these ugly Scotts in Seattle sometime in March thanks to my gay liberal arts college's radio station. I will say that Alestorm could be the best band to drink to ever.

That's about it. Hope 2009 improves! Can't wait for Wintersun - Time! Haha I jest I think Jari was sayin something like 2019...

DUDE good luck w/ that Alestorm interview. In person interviews are usually a lot of fun haha. Post a link on the forum or something :D.

Btw Don, check out that Obscura album. I think you will really dig.

1225989337841vr4.jpg

Make sure to post a review GameFreac!

I always post reviews of pretty much every concert I go to. The only problem is my good camera is broken. Hopefully my friend will bring his.

These are the bands I'm gonna see (all others will not be reviewed):

Apocalyptic Visions
Suidakra
Salome
Baroness probably
Boris
Pig Destroyer
Krallice
Wolves in the Throne Room
Neurosis
Zoroaster
Converge