Religion

with strong, I meant powerfull and those who are powerfull are those who have the money, you can't deny it.
Africa has everything to do with our society since alot of the base materials come from there

Powerful? Alright; this is exactly what I am talking about. The weak are made powerful, as true virtue (strength) is no longer a determining factor in attaining success (money, power) in our society. Rather, strength is downtrodden; the weak are elevated, as attributes that define weaklings are greatly valued in a stomach-less society (a society that has a distaste for virtuous war). Riches has nothing to do with strength anymore, as it can be attained, and usually is attained, by the weak alone.

Our society is also humanitarian; we value comfort (for all) more than hardship/strength. Your very pity-filled view on the impoverished exemplifies this. When people starve the instant reaction is send them food, without thinking (feeding starving nations only creates more starvation, as starving is the natural mechanism that needs to take place in order to reduce the population so that further generations may not starve). We take pity upon those undergoing hardship, we "help" them; but we don't truly "help" them. All we do is give them comforts; this makes them weak, rather than stronger as overcoming the hardships would. We elevate the weak, "help" them out. We are stomach-less weaklings who can't bear the sight of hardship, and are hence blinded to its necessity in each of our lives.

There are many more such aspects of modern society; it is quite the opposite of what you think. Our society is about equality, valuing everyone the same, rather than acknowledging strength. This causes strength to die, and weakness to flourish.

This is also quite self-contradictory, as this very sort of viewpoint contributes to that which it dislikes, what it doesn't have the stomach for. Not allowing starvation to take its course makes more starvation, providing comfort to those undergoing hardship makes them weaker, hence more prone to more hardship, etc.

Our society is your dream society, and you are blind to it, as all you see is the full effects of your stupidity, and exercise more of such stupidity trying to get rid of the effects, only ending up creating more.

Έρεβος;6037956 said:
If I am not mistaken ... Gnostic is a general term that has been attributed to that which is outside of the general accepted Christian orthodox.

Yes, you are mistaken. It is a specific cult. There's plenty of information on gnosticism, just google or wikipedia it.
Like I said before, it's very dualistic: it's basic premise is that matter is evil and spirit is good.

You have professed to be a Satanist elsewhere on this forum, and your bleeding-heart attitude about the weak, poor or what have you, run counter to the typical perspective of one who calls themselves a Satanist - that is what it has to do with Satanism. Directly helping someone in need, is a whole lot different than whining about the "weak" being taken advantage of by the strong, on a global basis, etc. One is human decency...the other is, to be kind, an overdeveloped sense of altruism.(again, very Christian)

Statements such as "all crime is due to poverty" are curious. Are you not familiar with Wall Street and global stock-market shenanigans, Multinational, corporate white-collar crime, various organized crime enterprises, money-laundering schemes, state and government corruption, etc? Poverty?
Moreover, a great deal of blue-collar crime is committed by individuals who can hardly be called genuinely impoversihed by any meaningful definition of the word.

Satanism is also about treat those as how they treat you, when someone hasn't done anything wrong to me, I make them an ally by helping them. That's my view on it.

you are right about that, maybe I should've said alot of crimes. Those you mentioned are just minor crimes imo. Those people don't steal out of nessacaity, poor people do.

Έρεβος;6038030 said:
Powerful? Alright; this is exactly what I am talking about. The weak are made powerful, as true virtue (strength) is no longer a determining factor in attaining success (money, power) in our society. Rather, strength is downtrodden; the weak are elevated, as attributes that define weaklings are greatly valued in a stomach-less society (a society that has a distaste for virtuous war). Riches has nothing to do with strength anymore, as it can be attained, and usually is attained, by the weak alone.

Our society is also humanitarian; we value comfort (for all) more than hardship/strength. Your very pity-filled view on the impoverished exemplifies this. When people starve the instant reaction is send them food, without thinking (feeding starving nations only creates more starvation, as starving is the natural mechanism that needs to take place in order to reduce the population so that further generations may not starve). We take pity upon those undergoing hardship, we "help" them; but we don't truly "help" them. All we do is give them comforts; this makes them weak, rather than stronger as overcoming the hardships would. We elevate the weak, "help" them out. We are stomach-less weaklings who can't bear the sight of hardship, and are hence blinded to its necessity in each of our lives.

There are many more such aspects of modern society; it is quite the opposite of what you think. Our society is about equality, valuing everyone the same, rather than acknowledging strength. This causes strength to die, and weakness to flourish.

This is also quite self-contradictory, as this very sort of viewpoint contributes to that which it dislikes, what it doesn't have the stomach for. Not allowing starvation to take its course makes more starvation, providing comfort to those undergoing hardship makes them weaker, hence more prone to more hardship, etc.

Our society is your dream society, and you are blind to it, as all you see is the full effects of your stupidity, and exercise more of such stupidity trying to get rid of the effects, only ending up creating more.

The middle class is made powerfull, not the truly weak.
The rich people still bribe and that is what makes them stronger than the others, maybe you see less of it but that's because people hold their tongues nowadays cuz it's happening and no matter how many times you say it, it'll keep happening.

I do agree that sending food is wrong, the root needs to be dealt with (as with everything) but that's easier said then done. An economy isn't built in a day. Sending food packages is the best thing to do while the real problem is being solved.

Our society isn't anything like you said it. It's also based on taking advantage of one another.
But like I said, I'm quite pessimistic when it comes to humanity and society

Mention religion and the spawned debate usually ends up utterly pointless and meandering.

It is a joke isnt it? Religion I mean.

Whatever makes one happy and content; provides one with a meaning and love towards themselves and others--if its religion, or something else, I suppose its beneficial. Its when religion becomes dogmatic and self-justified, that it becomes such a joke that the religion itself and its followers, never seems to get.

Whatever makes one happy and content; provides one with a meaning and love towards themselves and others--if its religion, or something else, I suppose its beneficial. Its when religion becomes dogmatic and self-justified, that it becomes such a joke that the religion itself and its followers, never seems to get.

That's because people use religion to make them feel like God loves them, and only them. They want to be special by claiming that God loves only them. They get their self-worth out of being better than the people that aren't like them, that God doesn't love. That's a pretty big distortion of what religion should be, IMO.

Therein lies the $10,000 question...is it really beneficial, though? Sure it can create that sense of contentment and widely shared benevolence, but is this not often more illusion that reality? And does it not create a false sense of security, self-righteousness and sanctimony that is poison to a people long term?

Curiously, it was my longtime discontent with religion that lead me to philosophy on a broader, more secular scale. Far more has been "revealed" to me in the works of non-religious thinkers than any messiah, holy scribe or apostle ever contrived.

*As for the post being a joke...there hasn't been a whole lot else to comment on here of late one way or the other. It may be frivolous, but that isn't always completely pointless, necessarily...not completely:Smug:

Therein lies the $10,000 question...is it really beneficial, though? Sure it can create that sense of contentment and widely shared benevolence, but is this not often more illusion that reality? And does it not create a false sense of security, self-righteousness and sanctimony that is poison to a people long term?

Curiously, it was my longtime discontent with religion that lead me to philosophy on a broader, more secular scale. Far more has been "revealed" to me in the works of non-religious thinkers than any messiah, holy scribe or apostle ever contrived.

*As for the post being a joke...there hasn't been a whole lot else to comment on here of late one way or the other. It may be frivolous, but that isn't always completely pointless, necessarily...not completely:Smug:

I totally agree with you OldScratch, but you know, so many people dont have the capacity for philosophy, and need something bigger than them to believe in.