Remember..........ITP

AjDeath

Of One Man's Sanity
Mar 22, 2002
Fuckston, ME
Visit site
Remember when some goof said DiGiorgio ruined ITP with his bass playing in the Death forum? :tickled: I fuckin laughed so hard. Some of you guys need to tell him what's up, no?

Playing bass (or music in general) is all about personal taste and interpretation.... If some people don't like Steve's way of playing, fine.. What can you do about it? Force him to like it?

As a musician you learn to play for the people who like your style. You just can't play in a way everyone will like it. What's the point in giving up your own style just to get some more people to like you.

k, I admit, thinking Steve ruined ITP is an example of bad taste, but like I said, there will always be people who just don't like the way you play..

SanderThomas said:
Playing bass (or music in general) is all about personal taste and interpretation.... If some people don't like Steve's way of playing, fine.. What can you do about it? Force him to like it?

As a musician you learn to play for the people who like your style. You just can't play in a way everyone will like it. What's the point in giving up your own style just to get some more people to like you.

k, I admit, thinking Steve ruined ITP is an example of bad taste, but like I said, there will always be people who just don't like the way you play..

DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this fellow were looking for some "root notes only" bass playing. WRONG! Man, The Philosopher is one of the most creative bass lines I've ever heard...