remind me again why i get out of bed in the morning

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
so my car got hit AGAIN last night but this time it was while i was at work because i went to the garage at the train station to get my car and found it with its bumper hanging off. no note, no explanation. the fucker who did it just hit and run. no surveillance cameras.

i would that whoever did this feels somewhat guilty and may have taken my license plate to try and get in contact with me later but i know that is not the case. the person is probably all happy and content with themselves that no one saw them and they could get away with it, and probably a little bummed because they lost some paint from scraping against my bumper.

right now i hate people so much. :(

ooooh that sucks. :(

who told you they don't have surveillance cameras? If it was the illiterate slob at the gate I would bet they actually do have the cameras. Isn't it MBTA porperty? If so, and they don't have cameras, you can sue them.

you should drive around looking for some half-blind old bat driving her car very carefully and then screech in front of her and scream that she hit you and you want her insurance to pay for it. draw yourself up to your full (considerable) height, exude your metal majesty, and terrify her into compliance.

cochran_j.jpg

wow, is this your new car? damn that sucks. sorry. did the parking garage have a sign posted that said 'park at your own risk' or is it on the ticket stub or anything?

i once scraped a guy's bumper (a big shiny chrome one on a 70s car) in a parking lot when i was like 16, and left my number on his car. some friends were with me, and one said i should leave but the others said i should leave my number. he called and said since i left my number he wouldn't make me pay for it. lucky. but i felt sick for a long time. that sound of the cars scraping was horrific.

yeah i will definitely be filing a police report. i found out after the fact that the garage has police guys around who could have done the report right then and there but my first reaction was "what the fuck i want to go home" and that is what i did. then i called my insurance guy and was like "wtg i am having a fucking nervous breakdown because people seem to want me to not enjoy my new car" i didn't really say that but i think i implied it. he probably thinks i have lost my marbles and will send the white coats after me.

I hate hit-and-runs. Some asshole hit the passenger door of my car this past summer in a Walmart parking lot and just drove off. There was a rather large, but not very deep dent left behind. It was an easy (and free) fix with one of those dent pullers, but it's the sheer lack of consideration that pisses me off.

Not to mention that I left 3 fucking spaces open on each side of me because I don't want somebody scratching it or hitting it with their door. Admittedly, whoever did it probably thought it would cost a fortune to fix (because people always assume that about classic cars) and was scared to stick around. But still, take some fucking responsibility. So I definitely know how you're feeling.

yeah my car got hat-and-ran a couple years ago, the entire left headlight was blown off and my fender was dented in to the point of not really being able to roll my tires. At that time, I felt that if I had ever found out who did it I would have beaten their face in with some kind of baseball-hitting utensil.