Request Denied cover

odog502

New Metal Member
Dec 11, 2008
Texas
I made a cover of Hypocrisy's "Request Denied". I hope I did it justice.

Since there seem to be varying number of guitars throughout the song, I just arranged it for 3 electrics, a bass, and a few acoustic parts.

I think I struggle the most with mixing and EQing instruments so that they dont step on each other. So if you have any pointers, I'd appreciate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds fuckin' good!! You made it professionally and is played very well. Did you also play drums or use the album's drum base?

Thanks. I used an existing Guitar Pro tab to generate the drums/piano/synth tracks. More info on what I used to make it is in the description of the vid.

http://darklyrics.com/h/hypocrisy.html
Look there, not all are complete though.

Yeah, Ive seen the darklyrics version. And that kind of shows what I mean. If you look at what they have for Request Denied, theres a lot of alternate interpretations in that song.

For example, the most ambiguous verse of the whole song. Dark Lyrics says that its: "It's on an institution here for the rest of your life"

But when I listen to their Maximum Abduction EP version, to me it sounds like: "A slow execution here for the rest of your life"

And to be honest I dont think either of those is 100% right. So if I were to try the vocals I would just be making noises similar to what Peter is making, haha.

But most importantly... Im not a vocalist. I think I sound like Dave Mustaine doing an impersonation of Gilbert Gottfried. So any attempt at vocals would probably just ruin the whole thing. :)

Thanks for the suggestions though.

LOL

good cover man.

and yeah, youare right about Darklyrics...

I remember track ''Fusion programmed minds''

Darklyrics said ''Suicide with a metal gun'' instead of ''Suicide never felt so good''

a gun...made ouf of metal....woah..no shit!?!? lol