Request for Ebay assistance

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
I've just got around to registering at this den of wolves and supposing I ever manage to bid successfully on anything, how would I send the money overseas to pay for it? I'm determined to go to my grave without any sort of credit card and I know next to nothing about PayPal, direct deposits, online banking or any of that stuff. What options, if any, do I have left? Would the nice people at my bank or post office be able to help?

W

Paypal you need a credit card for. www.westernunion.com sends money orders, but you need a credit card for that. If you want to buy on ebay, a credit card will make it MUCH MUCH MUCH easier :)

But, if you are determined not to get one, you can pay with an international money order from Australia Post (I think you can get them in US, pounds, eurs or whatever dollar you need them in) or you can send cash through the mail (which I did a fair few times before I had a credit card) which is risky as the other person can just claim it never came, so I only did that with people who had heaps of great feedback or who id dealt with before.

A lot of banks offer of debit cards, that work like a credit card but with your own money. Combining that with Paypal, is probably the only way you'll be able to pay international sellers easily and quickly. You also get buyer insurance using paypal.

Post Offices and banks both sell international money orders, but the fees are usually high, and most sellers don't accept them anyway - and they're not insured.

Debit cards are the way to go. They can do anything a credit card can do, except go into credit.

International money orders are bullshit, they have huge fees just to deposit them, or to send them. When buying in Australia, normal money orders are alright, but international ones are fucked. Bank cheques are similar as well, they are crap.

Direct deposit is the best way to pay when buying in Australia. It is simple from internet banking, but can be done by going into the bank.

Yeah my credit card is a debit card, you can go into credit with it though too I think Blitzy.