Requests for VII?

Sautherom said:
- Dreamtale
Now this is a fun band that just cannot get a decent vocalist... The best thing they've released thus far are the pre-first album demos. Especially Where the Rainbow Ends. So much better than the polished version! So much better...

if theres one band that i would absolutely love to have there more than any other(except symphony x) would be theocracy, they are great and i see many of you also would like them to be at PP7. lets hope that glenn see's the light of theocracy! :Spin: :headbang:

Pain of Salvation
Mercenary
Stream of Passion
Wintersun
Kamelot
Dragonforce
DTB

zimbee said:
Now this is a fun band that just cannot get a decent vocalist... The best thing they've released thus far are the pre-first album demos. Especially Where the Rainbow Ends. So much better than the polished version! So much better...

I love them anyway, but their debut full length was definitely better then their subsequent 2 releases

Ok, this could be the silliest suggestion yet. I'm not usually too keen on these "reunion" ideas, but the Conception gig was pretty cool. How about one of the absolute pioneers of the prog/power genre (heck they even have an album entitled "Progressions of Power", Canada's premier (if it weren't for Rush) power trio, Triumph.

I never was fortunate enough to see them in concert back in the day...

Force10 said:
Ok, this could be the silliest suggestion yet. I'm not usually too keen on these "reunion" ideas, but the Conception gig was pretty cool. How about one of the absolute pioneers of the prog/power genre (heck they even have an album entitled "Progressions of Power", Canada's premier (if it weren't for Rush) power trio, Triumph.

I never was fortunate enough to see them in concert back in the day...

I'll second that, I was actually thinking about them yesterday, although I understand Rik Emmett is absolutely not on board for a reunion. I'm all about old school stuff, some others I forgot to mention earlier include TNT, Loudness, Obsession and Malice...

Neal

Dream Evil !!!

If you're gonna have a pack of power metal goobers playing, it might as well be someone fun and good.

Joe

Although I am a Triumph fan, they do not meet the main qualification of this fest. They are not a metal band, therefore...no dice imo.

Thought of another prog band for an opening slot, "Wingdom" Mikko Harkin (ex keyboardist for Sonata Arctica) is in this band, kinda like DT.

Actually... to come and think of it, I would be amazed to see Luca Turilli play Progpower, just the solo band. That would be a definite treat and that would have a lot of jaws dropping. So if Rhapsody is too expensive, get Luca and his bandmates!! :D

Empress said:
Actually... to come and think of it, I would be amazed to see Luca Turilli play Progpower, just the solo band. That would be a definite treat and that would have a lot of jaws dropping. So if Rhapsody is too expensive, get Luca and his bandmates!! :D

hehe, I like you sig...it mentions my army!!!

I'm adding a list of alternates:
If Glenn doesn't care to have a Cynic re-union or can't get that together (which is likely) I put Arcturus in for that spot (which will make Barking Pumpkin happy), or If Glenn doesn't think they should have an hour then have them take the place of Pyramaze.

Empress said:
I read an interview from an older time that Rhapsody was too expensive, especially due to the hired musicians on stage (which now is only Dominick).. I would LOVE to see Rhapsody there. I just don't understand if Nightwish could do it, and Stratovarius (who at the time of commenting on Rhapsody) Glenn hadn't gotten Strato due to prices, I guess.. I'm sure something can be done with Rhapsody. Then again, Demaio is behind them.. :( Possibilities may be endless so still I will hope someday to be lucky to see them at Progpower. They're like my favorite band, but I have seen them, I would love to see Blind Guardian, Helloween, Dark Moor (especially with Elisa....), and Nightwish.

Okay, is it just me or does anyone else remember this. Before Angra was anounced as the Headliner this past show, there was another headliner that Glen could not nail down. Therfore, Angra was the back up headliner. Now, I don't recall glen ever saying who the original headliner was. But, when the news broke about the Manowar -Rhapsody tour, I remember Glen posting a comment that went something like, " now you know why" or something like that. I gathered that one of those bands was to be the original headliner. Not sure though and I could be way off base.

FatesFan said:
Okay, is it just me or does anyone else remember this. Before Angra was anounced as the Headliner this past show, there was another headliner that Glen could not nail down. Therfore, Angra was the back up headliner. Now, I don't recall glen ever saying who the original headliner was. But, when the news broke about the Manowar -Rhapsody tour, I remember Glen posting a comment that went something like, " now you know why" or something like that. I gathered that one of those bands was to be the original headliner. Not sure though and I could be way off base.
Didn't Glenn say he tried to get the Russell Allen/Jorn Lande thing lined up, but it didn't work out...or was it all just the voices in my head again.

FatesFan said:
You're absolutely correct. There was even some debate which of the two it would have been. I can't really imagine Rhapsody being more expensive than other bands that have been to PP. Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Blind Guardian etc. are the same calibur as Rhapsody. Extra musicians shouldn't be a factor, because they didn't use them on the tour with Manowar.

Popular Choices I second (or third, forth...):
Gamma Ray
Helloween
Primal Fear
Grave Digger
Iron Savior
HammerFall
Freedom Call
Pretty Maids

I didn't notice these mentioned:
Metal Church
At Vance

Some more lesser known choices:
Already suggested:
Black Symphony (I'm stunned that someone other than me has already recommended them)
Gallowglass
Thunderstone
Human Fortress

Not mentioned, or I missed them:
Divine Fire
Domine
Black Abyss
Zandelle

At the risk of my Power Fanboyism showing through I'd throw Paragon in there somewhere.