Research

Part 1 – General Knowledge about Heavy Metal

- what does heavy metal mean to you?
It's my life.. I can't stand a day without listening to metal...

- how did you get to know heavy metal? How old were you then?
My sister got some metal cds... and I found Amorphis.. I was 12 :p But my father was always listening to hard rock, or old heavy metal, so I grew up with Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Queen, etc

- with what sub-genre(s) (power metal, black metal etc) do you identify with the most at the moment?
Black metal and heavy metal... I like the melodic stuffs.

- how did you get to know this/those sub-genre(s)?
Black metal -> my sister had a boyfriend who is a Dimmu Borgir fan, and I was interested: "what's that?" and I got a dimmu album.

- what does this sub-genre mean to you musically and in terms of ideology?
It gives me power when I'M pissed off...

- what other sub-genres do you know? What do you feel towards them? Please list and state your opinions. Is there any band that you despise? Which one(s) and why?
oh, long list...

- did you ever identify yourself more with other sub-genres? If yes, what were them? Why did you change?
no. I like nearly all genres of metal..

- do you dislike being labeled in any form (headbanger, metalhead etc)? Why?
no.

- for you, what identifies a true metal person?
who love metal from the heart.

- for you, what identifies a false metal person?
who just wear band shirts and say 'how big metalhead I am'

- how do you feel towards new metal? Please explain why.
new metal :zombie: well, new metal = its a genre of metal which shouldn't be in the metal genre... there's another definition for it: rap rock.. this is better then new metal.. cause it's not metal, but not rock too... ah, I don't give a fuck!

Part 2 – Personal data

- how old are you?

- what is your gender?
male

- how far did you go in schhol? (some college, high school etc)
high school

- where do you live? With whom?
Hungary, Budapest with my parents and my sister, and with our lil' guinea pig

- do you believe in God? Is an adept of any religion? Why?
NO!

- do you, or have you at any time, let your hair grow? Why? If you haven’t, would you like to? Why?
yes.. now it's shoulder length. why? just cause headbanging isn't good with short hair :p

- do you suffer any kind of preconceiving? If you do, please explain.
yes.. teachers, etc etc:)

- how do your parents and neighbours act before your musical preferences?
neighbours... pfff.. I don't care about them... they're shit people... well, parents... If I'm listening to metal with clean voice, they don't say anything, but if not clean voice.. bah.. o_O

- do you prefer to have quick or long lasting relationships with the opposite sex?
long

- how many long lasting relationships have you had? How much time did they last on average?
I didn't have a long lasting relationship yet...

- do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend? How did you get to know her/him?
now I don't

- have you ever had sexual intercourse? How old were you when your first experience happened?
:oops:

- what are your entertainment habits? Any hobbies?
webdesign, play in guitar, listen to metal and be with freinds

- in what places are you usually found (shopping centers, home, concerts etc)? Which places do you refrain from visiting?
usually at home and school :-/ sometimes in concerts, I couldn't be in a shopping center for example... (I meant more than 1hour, cuz if I have to buy something then I must be there)... disco :-/

- do you watch TV? What do you usually watch on TV?
hmm.. I watch only good films...

- do you listen to the radio regularly?
no, I don't

- with what kind of people do you identify yourself? What kind do you dislike or despise?
well, I identify myself who I can talk with, but I despise who are stupid, and always call me long haired punk... (they dont know what does punk and what metal mean) bah stupid assholes...

- what do you eat in general? Do you often eat what you’d like to eat?
bread :D it's the best when you're hungry and are short of money...

- when you have money, how do you spend it? What do you buy?
concert tickets, metal cds, clothes (only bodom:))

- if you had an unlimited ammount of money but could only use it for buying ONE thing, what would you buy? Ignore resell value.
oh, why just one?? :( well, a house with plus room to use as fitting room

- do you smoke or drink alcoholic substances? Have you ever tried any drugs? Do you use drugs?
I don't smoke, I didn't try drugs, hmm.. alcohol... :roll:

- do you play any instruments? Which ones?
Guitar (bass)

- are you in a band? What is your band’s style? What’s its name?
Well, I was, but I left them...

Sweet ass music

ERM :erk: Fuck no's, can't actually remember

- with what sub-genre(s) (power metal, black metal etc) do you identify with the most at the moment?

Death Metal, Black Metal, Power Metal, Melodic Death

Children Of Bodom, Rhapsody etc

Each a genius in there own way

- what other sub-genres do you know? What do you feel towards them? Please list and state your opinions. Is there any band that you despise? Which one(s) and why?

All Nu Metal bands as they do suck da balls

- did you ever identify yourself more with other sub-genres? If yes, what were them? Why did you change?

Nah

Don't really care what they say

Hmmm....someone who listens to metal :erk:

i dunno

If by new do you mean nu??? if so its crap. But if you are just talkin bout metal in general then if its good or witeva i will check it out

Part 2 – Personal data

- how old are you?

- what is your gender?

Male

Highschool (currently)

Scotland, Home, Parents

Nope...even though i am a Christian(but not by my choice)

- do you, or have you at any time, let your hair grow? Why? If you haven’t, would you like to? Why?

My hairs no long da now, but i would like to grow it

preconceiving...and that means what exactly

naebody really cares

- do you prefer to have quick or long lasting relationships with the opposite sex?

Long

- how many long lasting relationships have you had? How much time did they last on average?

owf fuck nos man

No

- have you ever had sexual intercourse? How old were you when your first experience happened?

Nope

Guitar, Computer, Walking about da streets

- in what places are you usually found (shopping centers, home, concerts etc)? Which places do you refrain from visiting?

usually in town at da weekend,

Sometimes, Jackass, Wildboys etc all da stupid shite

Nope

- with what kind of people do you identify yourself? What kind do you dislike or despise?

Dislike fuckin wannabies

Meat, Meat and More Mear :Spin:

Clothes, cds etc

- if you had an unlimited ammount of money but could only use it for buying ONE thing, what would you buy? Ignore resell value.

The biggest fuckin house in da world

- do you smoke or drink alcoholic substances? Have you ever tried any drugs? Do you use drugs?

I smoke, drink and smoke dope

Guitar,

Nope

Everything
my cousin around 9 started listenin to Maiden
Classical Deathmetal, Bodom, Kalmah
bnrmetal.com and other metal encyclopedias
no clue what that word means
i despise alot of power metal bands because some many sound the same. I like all metal sept industrial and stoner.
Black Metal
NO, i am pround of it
the music they listen to, not how they dress
people who wear metallica and manistream band t-shirts. they arent the elite breed of metalheads
i think some bands are good but it is dying RAP IS TAKING OVER no!
Part 2 – Personal data

- how old are you?
- what is your gender?
male
still in 8th
southeastern, wi with my family
no, LaVey, makes more sense than christianity. follow the rules of satanism. was athiest for a long time
yes, its part of ur body y should u cut it same with fingernails
well they dont like the drums cuz there so damn loud but they dont really know about me playin violin or keyboard cuz the are never inside.
quick, change is good
4 months not sure how many
no
no
drums, violin, keyboard, DDR, music, horror movies, computer
dont like grocery stores to many people not my type. i like concerts but usually im playing drums, keyboard, violin, watching a movie, or computer
food network
never
i like hang out with just my group of friends, most of them are metalheads. but some are actually preppy but they arent stuch up. i despise ghetto people stuck up people and new mexican immigrants. Schools making us learn spanish becuase the mexicans are invading and dont know english
junk food, chips cookies. i also enjoy oriental food and spicy food
stuff for my drums or cds or bank for later use on a car or sompthin
portable stage
i drink once in a while
drums, keyboard, violin
Crimson Masquerade, Speed Power Metal

It's my way to get my feelings out
I got into it when I was around 12-13, heard some Metallica and stuff through some friends
Folk-metal, if that makes sense, and melodic death
Checked out bands playing them after looking at their and their record companies' homepages.
They inspire me when trying to write music, and influence my style of playing. Ideolocally they don't mean shit.
- what other sub-genres do you know? What do you feel towards them?
black metal - most of it is okay, some of it is truly awesome
death metal - not my favorite
power metal - cool
nu metal - mostly bullshit
doom metal - boring, some ok
Please list and state your opinions. Is there any band that you despise? Which one(s) and why?
Burzum, because it sounds like a long cat rape.
Black metal - simply because it fit better back then. I changed because it wasn't that big after a while.
nope
someone with a true love for the music
someone who listens to the music to be popular and/or recognized
I don't like it much, because it mixes in elements of hip-hop and techno and crap. It's more of a "let's get filthy f*cking rich"-kind of metal.

Part 2 – Personal data

- how old are you?
- what is your gender?
male
I am studying at the University
alone in Oslo, Norway
I'm agnostic, because I don't want a whole organized belief pushed on me. That goes for the so-called satanism too.
I let it grow now, because I save money, and because I wonder what I'll look like. Plus it's cooler when headbanging.
Some people automatically take me for a church-burner when they see my shirts.
they all don't mind, as long as I keep it down at night
long-lasting relationships, thank you.
In one now, 13 months, had one 9 month once.
Yep. Through a common friend.
yes, 17
music, internet, movies. I play guitar.
I'm usually at home. I stay away from religious places, as I don't belong there.
Very rarely, if I do, I watch movies.
never
I identify with sensible people, with a sense of humour. I dislike people who judge others for no reason, or very thin reasons.
I eat 2-4 times a day. I eat what I can afford, and that I enjoy.
I spend it on rent, food and trips to visit people.
a huge house with all I needed
I occationally drink, but never have used drugs.
I play guitar.
No, not really.

thank you very much for your time!

the research was done a while ago....but whats it matter. i skim through others answers because im curious.

loud, fast, and aggressive music
through my dad mostly, lots of maiden and halen and stuff, i was like 6
- with what sub-genre(s) (power metal, black metal etc) do you identify with the most at the moment? death metal
thhe grapevine, "oh you like this, then you should listen to that.." sort of thing.
Musically it is the most expressive and intense, ideologically, it means nothing to me, im not in it for a lifestyle
Heavy, doom, black, death, thrash, melodic, grind, crust, crossover, true, progressive, ambient, goth, industrial, speed,
i like something from evvery genre, but i cannot stand neurosis, because they are so boring, and i hate nevermore and cradle of filth, because both warrell dane and dani filth have obnoxious voices.
- did you ever identify yourself more with other sub-genres? If yes, what were them? Why did you change? sometimes i'm in a doom mood, sometimes a thrash mood, a melodic mood, it really depends on the mood
- do you dislike being labeled in any form (headbanger, metalhead etc)? Why? na, its fine with me, sorta like a flag to rally behind
one that listens to the music they love, which happens to be metal
people who are in it for the fashion, or use it as an excuse to make themselves feel elite
i don't care. if i enjoy music, i will listen to it, regardless of who wrote it. that said though, i dont like nu metal, so dont often find myself listening to it.
Part 2 – Personal data

- how old are you?18
- what is your gender?male
- how far did you go in schhol? (some college, high school etc)still in highschool, about to go to college
- where do you live? With whom?florids, with my mom
- do you believe in God? Is an adept of any religion? Why?i beleive that something greater than man must exist in the universe, but i prescribe to no particular faith, until im drunk...then i'm asatru!
- do you, or have you at any time, let your hair grow? Why? If you haven’t, would you like to? Why?sure, i have long hair. i actually started growing it when i wanted to be a professional wrestler, and it happened to look good...so i kept it.
- do you suffer any kind of preconceiving? If you do, please explain. nope. prejudice is the ultimate evil.
- how do your parents and neighbours act before your musical preferences?they think its sort of novel. im the only death metaller in town.
- do you prefer to have quick or long lasting relationships with the opposite sex?long lasting ones are nice
- how many long lasting relationships have you had? How much time did they last on average?2, a year each
- do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend? How did you get to know her/him? not at the moment
- have you ever had sexual intercourse? How old were you when your first experience happened? 18 years old
- what are your entertainment habits? Any hobbies? i love comedy movies and video games, i watch soccer and hockey.
im home a lot, or at my friend's houses. most of my friends aren't metal, so i wind up in lots of diverse places.
- do you watch TV? What do you usually watch on TV?sure, comedy central, the history channel, discovery
- do you listen to the radio regularly?no
- with what kind of people do you identify yourself? What kind do you dislike or despise? i identify with most everyone because my friends are all so different. i don't like wiggers...they just happen to get on my neves
- what do you eat in general? Do you often eat what you’d like to eat?pizza and burritos. yeah, i eat what i like mostly
- when you have money, how do you spend it? What do you buy? beer, cd's, random stuff.
an island in the south pacific
- do you smoke or drink alcoholic substances? Have you ever tried any drugs? Do you use drugs? i drink, don't smoke, dont do drugs, tried pot, im allergic!
- do you play any instruments? Which ones?guitar
i was in satan's ballsack, we were sorta like sod. currently im writing my own stuff

thank you very much for your time!