Respect

How do you guys feel about respect? I've heard that at shows and shit people have a lot of respect for each other (the metal guys). I never get the chance to leave my damn house... the only time I do is to go to school... and I'm the only guy at my school who listens to extreme metal, so I'm real lonly...haha. How about you guys?

Possibly disregarding nu-metal, as most people into extreme metal tend to look down on nu-metal junkies, respect is an important thing. It's sort of a byproduct of elitism, but a good-natured and comraderie kind of elitism that we all fall under for having the life circumstance and quality of character for appreciating the depth of extreme metal; both in it's intrinsic social meaning (through obscurity and individualism) and for the energy and skill that goes into it's creation. In this appreciation we all find common ground to associate with eachother; because music is a personal passion and there's always a bond between people who share it in any way. Respect is just a natural feeling that pretty much goes unsaid between metalheads everywhere I think.

Originally posted by SculptedCold
Possibly disregarding nu-metal, as most people into extreme metal tend to look down on nu-metal junkies, respect is an important thing. It's sort of a byproduct of elitism, but a good-natured and comraderie kind of elitism that we all fall under for having the life circumstance and quality of character for appreciating the depth of extreme metal; both in it's intrinsic social meaning (through obscurity and individualism) and for the energy and skill that goes into it's creation. In this appreciation we all find common ground to associate with eachother; because music is a personal passion and there's always a bond between people who share it in any way. Respect is just a natural feeling that pretty much goes unsaid between metalheads everywhere I think.

Well spoken dude...