Rest In Peace, Michael Jackson

Thriller was the first album I ever bought as a child. I was a huge fan. His influence is undeniable. It's a shame that he lost the plot so badly and will be equally remembered for being a nutter as he is for all his musical achievements.

RIP MJ

I found much of his life to be sadder than his death. We were born the same year and I grew up hearing them and watching them on Ed Sullivan and every other variety and "special" show over the years. To me Mike died years ago, then we got this other person who seemed to hate who he was born as, couldnt stand to be in his natural born skin... very sad

Jermaine played some kick ass bass parts

Last edited by a moderator:
I have nothing but good memories of MJ from the 80's and early 90's. His music was a big part of my childhood and the culture of the 80's. Indeed back in the 80's he was more than a music star... he was practically like a Saint... with all of the humanitarian stuff and him being able to reach huge audiences all over the world even in Communist countries that were otherwise closed off to us... he was really special back then. That's the MJ I like to remember before things started going horribly wrong.

RIP MJ. :(

r.i.p. sad but i don't feel but so bad for people who overdose. besides i'm a bigger prince fan so it didn't bother me as much

I wish we could say "RIP" for the U.S. media. All their fuckin' phony ass pontificating and politically correct statements I've heard for the last 2 weeks makes me want to vomit. MJ was an entertainer who could sing and dance. The last decent album he recorded was "Thriller" way back in 1982-83. He was not a saint. He was a flawed human being like all of us. If I see or hear one more MJ story, I'm going to go into a complete ballistic bout of rage. Enough with the overkill!!

^ Thank god I don't really watch TV. I've been able to avoid this circus. Yeah, Michael Jackson was talented and released some classic things back in the day, and it's sad to lose someone that talented and everything, but ENOUGH already. The celebrity worship and the media distraction this event serves as are equally annoying.

I'll play Devil's advocate... does anyone find it strange we condemn this freak show when he was alive but praise him when he was alive? IMO no one has the right to praise him if you condemn when he was alive in his later years of 1990's and beyond... if not before...

I'll play Devil's advocate... does anyone find it strange we condemn this freak show when he was alive but praise him when he was alive? IMO no one has the right to praise him if you condemn when he was alive in his later years of 1990's and beyond... if not before...

Indeed. When all the weirdness and child molestation charges came out in the early 90's I wrote him off as well. However the last few years I've admitted to myself that I love his music... so I decided whatever his personal faults or problems I'm not going to deny the fact that his music is meaningful to me. So yeah... I was speaking highly of him musically the last couple of years before his death even though he was most definitely a troubled person.

I used to lie on the floor with huge headphones on when I was 3 years old and listen to my parents' "THRILLER" album on vinyl. Michael Jackson was the first music I was ever heavily into.

Nobody will disagree that he was an odd individual but how many of us here are anywhere near normal? I never believed those child molestation accusations personally, just thought that he was kind of a weirdo, which is easy to understand when you see how he grew up. His lack of freedom as a child led to him living his childhood later in life.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson. We all make mistakes, unfortunately some we are unable to learn from...

The media circus around his death disgusts me. It's like he's the first person to have died, ever.

Think how many thousands of people, equally good (or bad in MJ's case) that die every day and don't get one millimeter of tabloid press or one mention anywhere. Sadly, Jackson's death is another chance for lots of people to cash in.