Restaurants near Center Stage

Last year we hit up Vortex pre show, because I like to try the places profiled on Man Vs. Food.

But the place we kinda fell in love with was Da Vinci's. We ended up going there 2-3 times. It is within walking distance, I really loved the calzones and the employees were super nice and seemed very appreciative/receptive to the PP crowd.

I never did make it to Sublime Donuts last year. The cabbie and person working at the hotel had no idea what I was talking about it when I asked. Plus it was a little out of the way without a car. I think we figured out how to use mass transit to get there a little too late. Is it worth me tracking down this year?

I never did make it to Sublime Donuts last year. The cabbie and person working at the hotel had no idea what I was talking about it when I asked. Plus it was a little out of the way without a car. I think we figured out how to use mass transit to get there a little too late. Is it worth me tracking down this year?

Voted best bakery in America! It's located in Tech Plaza (Georgia Tech)
535 10th St NW Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 897-1801
www.sublimedoughnuts.com

Hours: closed Monday
Tue-Fri 6am to 6pm
Sat 7am to 6pm
Sun 7am to 3pm

College students get 15% off with student ID
15% discount on orders of a dozen or more!

8-13-20137-40-14AM.jpg

Vespucci's and Subway are my faves. They know me well by the end of the weekend.

Once I discovered Vespucci's last year, I couldn't go anywhere else. By the end of the weekend, I'd given them an absurd level of patronage (and was on a first name basis with them).

Good food, low price, great service, fast, nearby. I heartily endorse.

Lucky Buddha (Chinese) --> 404.874.5158

J.R. Crickets (Wings/Ribs) --> 404.389.WING

DaVinci's (Pizza/Italian) --> 404.249.7800

Jimmy John's (Deli) --> 404.853.3443

I heartily recommend Nan - the thai/fusion restaurant at 17th & Spring. A bit pricy compared to... Subway, but many of the dishes are subtle to the point of transcendent. No one batted an eyelash at my walking in wearing jeans and a Sabaton t-shirt. If your brain and senses crave a departure from all things metal to recharge, this is a fun destination within a couple blocks of the venue. Their appetizer sampler is sufficient food to keep 1-2 people going for the rest of the night.

Thanks, I've looked at that place a few times but never made it in. Great review!

Jen, forgive me if I missed it on the page - awesome job thanks SO much but is the Latin/Cuban place next to Vespucci's still there? That guy was awesome. Offered us all a money back guarantee on our food if we didn't like it.

I'll give a 2nd for Nan Thai - really good. Thanks for the reminders of what's good near the venue.

Any info on what the Vinyl will be serving this year?

Also, what's the policy on bringing food in to the venue this year? Last year we brought lunch in on Friday no problem but that wasn't allowed on Saturday.

My wife has a bunch of food allergies so it takes a bit of planning to get her fed.

Thanks!

Any info on what the Vinyl will be serving this year?

Also, what's the policy on bringing food in to the venue this year? Last year we brought lunch in on Friday no problem but that wasn't allowed on Saturday.

My wife has a bunch of food allergies so it takes a bit of planning to get her fed.

Thanks!

I have asked for the menu a few times, but it is not finalized. You should expect it to be very similar to last year.

As for the policy, you cannot bring food or drink into the venue. I would think that protein bars and smaller items in purses would not be bothered with by security though (just my opinion as I have no say over any of that.

I have asked for the menu a few times, but it is not finalized. You should expect it to be very similar to last year.

As for the policy, you cannot bring food or drink into the venue. I would think that protein bars and smaller items in purses would not be bothered with by security though (just my opinion as I have no say over any of that.

Got it, thanks for the info.

I would think that protein bars and smaller items in purses would not be bothered with by security though (just my opinion as I have no say over any of that.
Can't speak to purses, but protein bars in pockets have never raised any suspicion.

Tangential question - is there a plan to have water coolers out again this year?

Can't speak to purses, but protein bars in pockets have never raised any suspicion.
Tangential question - is there a plan to have water coolers out again this year?

I will ask, but that is strictly a venue decision. If bar sales are good, it will probably be out. If not, bottled water is probably going to be the option.