Restaurants near Center Stage

For the sushi coneseurs....if you feel like skipping out a band or getting in later,
In Buckhead...Umi....seriously,this place would be up there with thebest in LA..easily as good if not better than Katsuya as a reference point..
Only place in the ATL that has Crispy Rice.(if anyone has ever had this....orgasmicly good)

Same plaza as Chopps(the steak/lobster house many go to)

Be warned,this is high quality sushi,ie,this isn't buffet or chain style..so its also going to cost

Southern-style (Alabama specifically) BBQ and sides nearby:

Moe's Original BBQ and Bar
(near Marriott Courtyard & Silver Skillet)
349 14th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 249-0707
https://www.moesoriginalbbq.com/lo/atlanta/atlanta-menu/

You can see the Midtown skyscraper in the background:
17d8a33083bf43749b82cfe08650a388_f173.jpg

Wow. Has it been 9 years since this thread was started? Going to bump this old thread because much has changed.

My last PPUSA was 2019. We all lived through the covid chaos that blew out 2020 and 2021, and much has changed since then.

Some of my favorite places are no longer there.
Sausalito's is gone. Front Page News is gone. What else? Is Vespucci's still around? The Vortex is a bit of a walk, but is it still available? Does Da Vinvi"s still serve pizza in the lobby? Who else will be in the lobby? The 2019 fest had some fantastic burritos in the lobby. Hopefully they will be back. Are there any new fan favorites?

Any comments/updates on restaurants close to Center Stage would be appreciated.

Wow. Has it been 9 years since this thread was started? Going to bump this old thread because much has changed.

My last PPUSA was 2019. We all lived through the covid chaos that blew out 2020 and 2021, and much has changed since then.

Some of my favorite places are no longer there.
Sausalito's is gone. Front Page News is gone. What else? Is Vespucci's still around? The Vortex is a bit of a walk, but is it still available? Does Da Vinvi"s still serve pizza in the lobby? Who else will be in the lobby? The 2019 fest had some fantastic burritos in the lobby. Hopefully they will be back. Are there any new fan favorites?

Any comments/updates on restaurants close to Center Stage would be appreciated.
You can start with the "dining choices while attending" page on the ProgPower USA main website, however I believe even that is not up to date as some of the places listed there have closed.

Assumption is that if you're posting in this forum a lot (as you do, thank you!), it's because you don't frequent the ProgPower USA Facebook page or the other "unofficial" FB pages where most of this kind of discussion occurs. I can hunt on there and see what the latest discussions yield, and also relay your questions out there which I'm sure will generate quick answers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates. Too bad about Davinci's. While Vespucci's has better pizza and other Italian food, it was really convenient to just go out to the lobby to grab a slice. They will be missed by many, including me.

Looks like the Vortex is still around for people who want a good burger.
https://thevortexatl.com/

Sadly, it looks like Vespucci's has closed in Midtown. I tried calling the number and got a number disconnected message
https://www.yelp.com/biz/vespucci-atlanta

You are correct about Facebook. While most apparently don't care or unaware how their data gets disseminated, analysed, and sold by companies like that, FB's algorithms will find out more about each person on there than they know about themselves. Databases never forget, and the AI algorithms using them will only get better. No, I'll keep my own data and Zuckerberg and the like can go pound sand.

Reactions: KingsGene
You are correct about Facebook. While most apparently don't care or unaware how their data gets disseminated, analysed, and sold by companies like that, FB's algorithms will find out more about each person on there than they know about themselves. Databases never forget, and the AI algorithms using them will only get better. No, I'll keep my own data and Zuckerberg and the like can go pound sand.
I totally understand, although I am still a heavy FB user. It's kind of a necessity if you're in a band, even a little dinky cover band playing 60's/70's covers at the local biker bar. That's also one of the main reasons why I choose to keep this forum alive... for the non Facebook or Twitter/X users. Glenn (Harvester) gave me mod privileges quite a few years ago to keep an eye on things and such while he and Jenn concentrate on the other social channels like FB/Insta, etc.

Hey @KingsGene I appreciate you taking the time to run this forum for the renegades. Small in number we may be, but no less dedicated we are.

You're in that premier KISS tribute band, and so no doubt you remember this DD commercial. Every now & then I've got to hunt it down to play it because its so hilarious. Here it is again & hope you have a great weekend.

You can start with the "dining choices while attending" page on the ProgPower USA main website, however I believe even that is not up to date as some of the places listed there have closed.

Assumption is that if you're posting in this forum a lot (as you do, thank you!), it's because you don't frequent the ProgPower USA Facebook page or the other "unofficial" FB pages where most of this kind of discussion occurs. I can hunt on there and see what the latest discussions yield, and also relay your questions out there which I'm sure will generate quick answers.

Well, sucks for people, like me, who avoid Facebook. It definitely sucked the life out of this forum unfortunately.

Reactions: NorseBlood
From ProgPower Facebook:

Confirmed food options for inside Center Stage during ProgPower USA XXIII

Sokome - Korean Southern Mexican fusion
Chicken sandwiches with chips
Tacos
Dumplings
Quesadillas
And rice bowls

They will have pizza, as well as chips and candy, for sale at the bars.

• Love
Reactions: NorseBlood
From ProgPower Facebook:

Confirmed food options for inside Center Stage during ProgPower USA XXIII

Sokome - Korean Southern Mexican fusion
Chicken sandwiches with chips
Tacos
Dumplings
Quesadillas
And rice bowls

They will have pizza, as well as chips and candy, for sale at the bars.

Pre-festival food review (what do I know?):

Wow Sokome sounds interesting. I may end up living on that for a couple days.
Tacos & quesadillas are difficult to screw up. Hopefully they will have some good good salsa to go with them.
Rice bowls? I like it. Sounds really good. Love me some good rice bowls.
With dumplings its all in the noodles. Good noodles mean good dumplings. Bad noodles mean HS cafeteria food. Could be really good though.

If you are staying at the Residence Inn, don't hesitate to walk across the street to Metro Fresh Uptown, in the first floor of that office building. Limited menu, and they close at 2:30 in the afternoon, but if you want something quick and very edible, I will vouch for the Ham Panini and kettle chips.
They apparently also serve breakfast sandwiches in the morning untill 11am, if you tire of the breakfast buffet at the Res., or if you just can't get to the Hearth Room before 9:30.