Restaurants near Center Stage

A piece of advice when it comes to Yard House - be careful about ordering beers that are lighter in style and less popular, as they can sit there for a while if no one is ordering them. The huge selection is cool, but it comes at the expense of turnover in stock and lighter styled beers can really suffer when partially consumed kegs hang out for too long.

For those who have ordered from the Vinyl in the past, can orders be turned around during the 30 minute set changes, or do you need to miss part of a band? I imagine they would get slammed in between sets.

My wife has a bunch of food allergies so it takes a bit of planning to get her fed.

Food allergies are tough. If you are staying near the venue, you do have time in between sets to haul butt to your hotel room, grab something, and eat it on the way back to the venue. I usually bring homemade granola and some plastic spoons/cups from home…then pick up some fresh or frozen fruit from the Publix at Atlantic Station. If you have a car, you can hit Whole Foods. (And the space you free up in your suitcase from consuming food from home is perfect for extra merch. :)) I’ve even thought about picking up a cheap blender this year for smoothies. If gluten is a problem, the local Subway will do any of their sandwich options and put the toppings on a salad.

For those who have ordered from the Vinyl in the past, can orders be turned around during the 30 minute set changes, or do you need to miss part of a band? I imagine they would get slammed in between sets.

Food allergies are tough. If you are staying near the venue, you do have time in between sets to haul butt to your hotel room, grab something, and eat it on the way back to the venue. I usually bring homemade granola and some plastic spoons/cups from home…then pick up some fresh or frozen fruit from the Publix at Atlantic Station. If you have a car, you can hit Whole Foods. (And the space you free up in your suitcase from consuming food from home is perfect for extra merch. :)) I’ve even thought about picking up a cheap blender this year for smoothies. If gluten is a problem, the local Subway will do any of their sandwich options and put the toppings on a salad.

Thanks for the suggestions. My wife is gluten intolerant among other things. And I can't have dairy, we're quite the pair! This is our fifth trip to PP so I'm pretty familiar with what's nearby. If we could bring food in to the venue for lunch, we would have, but since we can't we'll just eat lunch before we get to the venue - that's what I was trying to find out. Not sure about dinner yet, depends on what the Vinyl is serving. Our hotel is walking distance, but unfortunately a bit too far to get back to between sets. Doesn't the Subway close early on Saturday or maybe isn't open at all?

As for the Vinyl's turn around time, I have gotten dinner from them in the past. They do get busy, you're likely to miss a little of a set during a 30 minute changeover, but probably not much.

Doesn't the Subway close early on Saturday or maybe isn't open at all?

As for the Vinyl's turn around time, I have gotten dinner from them in the past. They do get busy, you're likely to miss a little of a set during a 30 minute changeover, but probably not much.

Thanks for the update on the Vinyl. And yes, I *always* forget that the Subway is open for lunch, but closes early afternoon on Saturday. They still haven't figured out that they could make a boatload of cash with a few extra hours of service that day!

Whew! I gave our restaurant album a makeover today and updated quite a few details. There are 50+ eateries within 3 miles or less of the venue. Many of them are open as late as 3am. The list also includes grocery & package stores. Click here.

~Jen

This is super handy, thanks for your efforts!

Gearing up for a new year.. I've made a few updates to the facebook photo album of restaurants near the venue

10553345_10152617806572943_2332177130777401922_n.jpg~original

Fan of the Vortex and its burgers? Want alcohol in your milkshake?

Or want a vegan/vegetarian burger? Check out Grindhouse!
Grindhouse Killer Burgers - VEGAN too
1842 Piedmont Ave NE Atlanta, GA 30324
http://www.grindhouseburgers.com/
Hours: Sun - Thu 11am - 10pm and Fri & Sat 11am - 11pm
3 miles from venue

~Jen

I have heard very good things about Grindhouse. There is actually another location even closer to the venue:

1842 Piedmont Avenue Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30324

One benefit that the Edgewood location you posted has is that it's walking distance to a whole lot of other restaurants and some really great bars. There is one restaurant, Illegal Foods, located inside Joystick Gamerbar (arcade/bar) that makes a burger that's been voted the best in Georgia by a few publications. Trying it out today actually.

Damnit! Thank you for posting - I realized I copy/pasted the incorrect address! I got the correct location photo and hours, but wrong address. Yes, the one on Piedmont is about 1 mile closer than the Grindhouse on Edgewood.

~Jen

Doing my annual homework/updating and there's a new addition nearby some may appreciate - Panera Bread.

It's at located at Peachtree and 12th St.
1080 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
Telephone: (404) 817-0415

If traveling down Peachtree Street (away from the venue), it's two blocks further past Colony Square which contains Moe's, Chick-Fil-A, TAP Gastropub, and Starbucks. Colony Square is at Peachtree & 14th. (Peachtree's the road where the Marriott Residence Inn sits atop the hill).

Or if traveling down West Peachtree (the road the venue's on) away from venue, turn left onto 14th St (Einstein Brothers Bagels & Starbucks), turn right onto Crescent Ave. (South City Kitchen, Tin Lizzy's Cantina, Flip Flops, Lure) and then left onto 12th Street and walk one block to hit Peachtree Street.

Hope this helps someone!

And another.. Sweet Hut Bakery & Cafe. Haley told us about this place! Locals rate it well.

It's located across from the Hudson Grille Midtown.. near The Vortex Midtown location.
933 Peachtree St NE #935, Atlanta, GA 30309 (404) 600-4800
Hours: Sunday-Thursday 8am-12am; Friday-Saturday 8am-1am
http://www.sweethutbakery.com/

If traveling down Peachtree Street (away from the venue), you will go past the Federal Reserve Bank and the Margaret Mitchell House as if you're going to The Vortex. It's located 1 block before The Vortex and on the opposite side of the road.. it's near Taco Mac.

For fans of DaVinci's, there's a discount half-off deal through Creative Loafing:

http://loafdeals.com/deals/all/2/2

(I had to get two.)

Update: Da Vinci's "LoafDeals" has expired as of this year, according to the link. http://www.loafdeals.com/products/20-in-food-and-drinks-41

Sad, because I saved $30 off food by buying three of them last year. And I saw Matt Smith of Theocracy using one too. It seemed popular. Maybe that's why it's gone.

But it's time to start thinking about some other options for "dealers." Although I will continue to patron Da Vinci's because their pizza is awesome.