Restless Oblivion...

Andy_2003

Dec 16, 2002
Shiteville
Visit site
I'm 23, no degree, crap job, played the piano, didn't know anyone who wanted to start a band. I only seemed to come across idiots who wanted to make me feel like crap as best they could. I generally feel pretty low about the whole career thing and it seems from about 22 onwards it feels like chances are disappearing. I nearly went to university this year after finding a good access course and I passed the course, i failed at college back when I was 18, for some reason I couldn't decide whether to do the degree or not. I feel like I've got skills, musical skills as well that I could have developed more but haven't done. If only I knew what to do for the best now. Is anybody else in a situation like I'm in ?

well yes I've totally omitted the good things in my life, like my girlfriend, friends, parents, etc.. but the career thing, being successful, it really gets to me, so what is your situation ?

im a university student (naval architecture). my father has established a business himself and i hopefully will carry on with it. i also have a band. im ok. school is hard, but life, in general, is good. what does your family say about the situation, andy?

well they say well I've had chances etc... the usual. My father had a successful business so I'm ok financially. It was a case of being depressed, confused for too long, not getting enough advice really, not knowing the right people

well the situation isn't that bad, I could get a better job as things stand now, I've wondered whether to try starting a degree part time and maybe going fulltime if I like it, not sure if I want to at this age though. The thing is the situation isn't f*cked up because I could lead a comfortable life, I can save loads of money so can my girlfriend, it's just that nagging thought that I've not tried to do something really good in my life that gets to me. Maybe it will go away

Originally posted by Andy_2003
well you know what I mean Nina, so how about you, what's your situation ?

This is the right moment to quote Anathema...

"Asleep is the rose, in tired innocence... dreaming time away. Secure in the comfort of slumbers faint embrace. Blissfully ignorant, unaware of the imminence... Recurring memories emerge from the deep... of old secrets unforgotten sleep. They sink beneath the surface just long enough for you to breathe.
Then return to choke you when you wake up alone. Shredded inside... there's one place left to turn. A long-term problem, a temporary remedy, but fuck it all anyway you can pretend to be happy. So many years of pathetic lies, empty promises and unfulfilled dreams are scattered like dust into the winds. Looking for the sun that eclipsed behind black feathered wings. Tomorrow never comes, there was only ever one day...
but now it's too late."

hmm so if you think it's not too late for me to get a degree, why do you think it's such a bad situation ? i guess it's not, but one's mind can tell one all sorts of things at different points in life

Originally posted by Nina
This is the right moment to quote Anathema...

"Asleep is the rose, in tired innocence... dreaming time away. Secure in the comfort of slumbers faint embrace. Blissfully ignorant, unaware of the imminence... Recurring memories emerge from the deep... of old secrets unforgotten sleep. They sink beneath the surface just long enough for you to breathe.
Then return to choke you when you wake up alone. Shredded inside... there's one place left to turn. A long-term problem, a temporary remedy, but fuck it all anyway you can pretend to be happy. So many years of pathetic lies, empty promises and unfulfilled dreams are scattered like dust into the winds. Looking for the sun that eclipsed behind black feathered wings. Tomorrow never comes, there was only ever one day...
but now it's too late."

What does all this actually mean? Unforgotten sleep and that?:confused:

Originally posted by Andy_2003
hmm so if you think it's not too late for me to get a degree, why do you think it's such a bad situation ? i guess it's not, but one's mind can tell one all sorts of things at different points in life

because you say so! you even called it "restless oblivion."
i would have thought it to be a life full of opportunities...

and above all, look on the brightEST side: you dont have financial problems.