Reunion Tour???

So the drummer from Shadows Fall has confirmed the Joey reunion.
This bums me out, as I love John. I hope it's not a permanent thing. I was hoping there would be a new John Bush record, and soon.

Deege said:
I know Anthrax has wanted to be on Ozzfest SO BAD, and we all have wanted them to be because it's great exposure. but the bottom line is, having Joey singing would only make a BAD impression on the crowd, not a good one. He was never that great to begin with, and obviously with age, most people's voices get worse and worse. Plus, some of the songs Anthrax have done in the Bush era are their very best material and without them it wouldn't be as good. And I doubt Joey would sing them. If they try the 2 singer thing again it'd be okay. Or even 3, with Turbin.

Yeah!Cool!!!!!!! just like Linkin Park!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang: :loco:
and we can bring in a rapper , maybe Chuckie D wants some!!:D

I am with Deege on 100%! If Joey´s back I´m probably done with them...worst year for metal! (I also have to count that my most favorite metal band from my country just announced replacing the singer, who kicked ass)

I have to admit that I would go to a show with the old lineup. I have seen all the various lineups since '87 live so that isn't saying much but I will admit that I somewhat miss the goofy anthrax we saw in the old days. I really like john also though.

I wonder if it would be another attempt to have both john and joey for a tour or what the heck, I will remain silent and wait to see.

Before everyone gets worked up, let Charlie, Scott, and the rest of Anthrax grieve and recover from the past 10 days of hell they've been through.

I highly doubt after WCFYA (an incredible fucking record as far as I'm concerned), they would jettison John and Rob. The momentum is starting to swing in their favor again. They're the hardest working band in metal right now. The album came out in May 2003, but they'd been touring since the European Motorhead tour in Fall 2002.

Why drive ourselves nuts speculating???

The only thing I would support is to have Joey and Dan as a special guest in few old songs. It would be the lamest thing ever to play a tour in all old-fashioned way, because what next? Do you think they would regroup with the new/old members, splitting into two completely different bands under the same name? Black Sabbath were cool with Tony Martin, recording albums like Cross Purposes, once they "reunited" with Ozzy they became a parody.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting for this for awhile...I love all eras of the band but I think the atl lineup deserves one last run.

I have seen anthrax multiple times on every tour since Among The Living..there is a magic in the old linep that cannot be denied.... When those cd's came out Joey was the man and Spitz is easily there best lead guitarist ....

I love the Bush era just as much or more...but this was going to happen sooner or later anyways....Just like Maiden/Priest/Kiss....Scott loves the legacy of those bands so I am sure he wants to pay respect to the early band for one last time..... You only live once and this reunion wouldnt hurt a damn thing for anybody...

Yeah, let the boys do a quicke with some of the old members and cheer people up, I don´t care very much but a lot of people do and if the band wants to do it it´s okay. But then I want a new studio-album with John.

100% agree with Deege's post. I am totally against this. Bring back Frank and make a new album as soon as possible for keeping the momentum. WCFYA and GOTE was two excellent album and they have to continue on that groove.

If Anthrax does this reunion shit they will be living on past glory - there is no other way I can look at it. Didn't Scott say way back when the first Joey tour didn't work out that "the man is dead to me now" or some words to that effect. So what would the reason for this be? $$$??? This tour would certainly not move the band forwards.

Anthrax built up some momentum with the killer WCFYA. Build on that!!!! Don't regress back to the 80's. I have always supported the band through all line-up changes, records, everything, but this regression does not make one bit of sense to me (if it is in fact going ahead in the first place.)

It really doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Unless John stays. If they are able to make the 2 singer thing work this time, fine, I guess. But I'd still rather them just continue as they currently are. I have supported Anthrax so much these past 4 years (since I discovered them in 2000), and I have seen them live seven times. To be honest, if they continue with Joey and drop John, there's no way I would continue to support them and I bet a lot of people feel the same way. If Mr. Wu is reading this, I honestly do not mean this as a knock on you...it just doesn't make sense to me. You could make the argument that if I stop supporting the band because of this reunion that I would be a "fairweather fan" and you didn't need me anyway. Okay, fine. But then that would be like KISS telling you that since they decided to make yet another Disco album, and you stopped supporting them, that they don't need you.

I think everyone should keep your mouths shut untill you hear something directly from Scott or Charlie. And then, after hearing what they have to say, accept it and stop bickering. You all do sound like a bunch of VH fans and it is pointless. You all know you will continue to go to the shows no matter what. When Scott Ian's teeth are falling out, and Charlie can't double peddle because his left knee is dominated with arthritis, you will all still go to the shows. When John Bush needs a cane to get accross the stage and Rob plays every lead at half the tempo, WE WILL ALL STILL GO TO THE SHOWS. I mean Christ, look at us! We still flip shit over Priest and Maiden and KISS and Motorhead! Look at all the shit those bands have been through, and we all still love them to death. So just be patient, kiddies. One of the big guys will probably talk about this, and then we can all resume the bickering after that. Give them there space to grieve for crying out loud. And WTF?! Shouldn't you all be grieving too?! Shut up and go drink some JD.

Lordlindsey said:
I don't think Bush is going anywhere.
Charlie and Scott have better musical ears than to make a decision that would make the band regress.
there is an AC/DC song called Money Talks...even though I´m still not sure if this could be the reason now.

Pelvic Fury said:
I think everyone should keep your mouths shut untill you hear something directly from Scott or Charlie. And then, after hearing what they have to say, accept it and stop bickering. You all do sound like a bunch of VH fans and it is pointless. You all know you will continue to go to the shows no matter what. When Scott Ian's teeth are falling out, and Charlie can't double peddle because his left knee is dominated with arthritis, you will all still go to the shows. When John Bush needs a cane to get accross the stage and Rob plays every lead at half the tempo, WE WILL ALL STILL GO TO THE SHOWS. I mean Christ, look at us! We still flip shit over Priest and Maiden and KISS and Motorhead! Look at all the shit those bands have been through, and we all still love them to death. So just be patient, kiddies. One of the big guys will probably talk about this, and then we can all resume the bickering after that. Give them there space to grieve for crying out loud. And WTF?! Shouldn't you all be grieving too?! Shut up and go drink some JD.

I agree. One half of me says that would be cool to see, but the other half says. Its not going to do anything for Anthrax's career in the present. Maybe but eh. Lets all wait to see what is said.

I am still greiving dude. I was AT the Alrosa that night. I'm still messed up over it. However, hearing awful news about no more John Bush in Anthrax just makes it worse for me.

Pelvic Fury said:
I mean Christ, look at us! We still flip shit over Priest and Maiden and KISS and Motorhead!QUOTE]

Yeah, but Bruce and Rob are Maiden and Priest respectively. And who didn't wanna see the original KISS with makeup after looking at Gene and Paul without makeup... let alone Bruce fucking Kulic and those other couple of guys.

Anthrax is a fucking powerhouse at this moment in time.