Revalver Question...

Shamuss

New Metal Member
Apr 30, 2009
Is it possible to change banks or presets with the use of a midi footswitch or something?

I can't find any info on this anywhere.. :(

probably a stupid question with a simple Answer, lol..

While I'm unsure how to do it, you must be able to given this quote from this PremierGuitar review of ReValver:

The only disappointment here is that, unlike some other packages on the market, ReValver does not come with a dedicated foot controller. That said, there is extensive MIDI implementation built into the software,so you can use an aftermarket MIDI controller if you so desire, even though the process of assigning functions can be a bit tedious. If you’re planning on using ReValver in a live setting, you’ll definitely want to invest in a foot controller.

Or this from the product description:

MIDI mappable
ReValver is a VST and AU compatible plug-in, yet works great as a standalone program - just plug into your audio interface, and start rocking out. If you have a MIDI controller with knobs or sliders, you'll also enjoy laying out each amp's knobs onto your controller, so it's like you're actually tweaking the knobs on an outboard amp yourself! Make adjustments to your presence, or add some more reverb without navigating with a mouse - ReValver makes it easy. You can record a performance into your VST- or AU-compatible DAW, as if you were truly reaching out and touching your own amp and stompbox controls!

You may want to research it in the Owners Manual.

i'm guessing from that, you can edit automation parameters in a DAW, with a midi controller, but the standalone program doesn't have midi capabilities.

messy, indeed.

The only disappointment here is that, unlike some other packages on the market, ReValver does not come with a dedicated foot controller. That said, there is extensive MIDI implementation built into the software,so you can use an aftermarket MIDI controller if you so desire, even though the process of assigning functions can be a bit tedious. If you’re planning on using ReValver in a live setting, you’ll definitely want to invest in a foot controller.

Damn shame their is no tutorial or info on how to do this. :(
It's pretty much exactly what i wanted to do.