Reverie/Harlequin Forest

WHATEVER! THEY WILL PLAY IT DURING THEIR TOUR! CRAZY!

EDIT : I cannot skip the outro of that song, it is so good and I love to fake-play the drum on it, because it is quite simple.

I think they should have changed it to "Atonement/Reverie" and just "Harlequin Forest". Like, what the hell.

No. Out of context. Still gotta remember there's a story behind Ghost Reveries, and the atonement and the reverie (titles) are part of it.

Harlequin Forest makes my grin like a moron.

I know I know, thrashing and banging about is usually more acceptable, but hey, it makes me grin, so what's a guy to do?

I'd rate it in my top ten of Opeth songs, probably my top five. It's always hard to knock Bleak away from that top slot.

A

Harlequin Forest makes my grin like a moron.

I know I know, thrashing and banging about is usually more acceptable, but hey, it makes me grin, so what's a guy to do?

I'd rate it in my top ten of Opeth songs, probably my top five. It's always hard to knock Bleak away from that top slot.

A
Bleak has a really bitching intro, but aside from that, hard to believe it's in someone's top slot with so many other great Opeth songs :loco:

Bleak has a really bitching intro, but aside from that, hard to believe it's in someone's top slot with so many other great Opeth songs :loco:

It was the first song that hooked me for Opeth, so it has a special place because of that I think. Not to mention the ending is amazing. :loco:

A

When are they going to play it live??!! Easily my top 5 favorite songs by Opeth.

My favorite Opeth song.

QFT.

I'm suprised by the replies, and also by this thread.

Reverie/Harlequin Forest is my favorite Opeth song. Hard to come to this conclusion, but in all honesty not so much each time I hit "play" on this song.

They are the treeeeeeeeeees

Always makes me think of evil demon possessed trees trying to destroy the world with their treelyness.

Reverie is not on the same track as Atonement. On the CD player, the track changes to 5 when Reverie begins, but it counts down from like 45 seconds to 0, when Harlequin Forest starts. It's negative time or some shit. I've seen this on some other albums. I don't know what you call it. I would assume the pupose for this is to have a "skippable" intro, as skipping directly to track 5 will not play the "negative time", or in this case Reverie. But you can rewind to get Reverie if you skip. It seems weird to say "rewind" when discussing a CD.

I must say this yet again: I WANT TO HEAR THIS FUCKING SONG PERFORMED LIVE!!!!! GODDAMN IT!

Have they ever played it live?

Reverie is not on the same track as Atonement. On the CD player, the track changes to 5 when Reverie begins, but it counts down from like 45 seconds to 0, when Harlequin Forest starts. It's negative time or some shit. I've seen this on some other albums. I don't know what you call it. I would assume the pupose for this is to have a "skippable" intro, as skipping directly to track 5 will not play the "negative time", or in this case Reverie. But you can rewind to get Reverie if you skip. It seems weird to say "rewind" when discussing a CD.

I must say this yet again: I WANT TO HEAR THIS FUCKING SONG PERFORMED LIVE!!!!! GODDAMN IT!

Have they ever played it live?

Its called a pregap. Reverie starts in negative time after Atonement and counts down to the beginning of Harlequin.

Its never been played live. Mike said they were rehearsing it, but it never got played this tour.

Atonement reminds me of Weakness, honestly. No change in tone/riffs throughout the song, with a very simple melody. In my humble opinion, both are weaker songs by Opeth. Reverie is beautiful, though. It catches you by surprise, is short and distinct, and just sounds great. I do agree that it should have been named Atonement/Reverie rather than Reverie/Harlequin Forest.