Reverse reverb on vocals

i would like to here some reverse delay on vocals:) like wat you can get on guitar FX pedals..

gonna have to play on this tonight:D

exited!:)

fuk i'm sad arnt i haha

PLUS! that mp3 link GuitarGodgt that you just put up isnt working... could you do it again?

Changing the topic slightly so I dont have to create a new one....

Im having some issues with reverb on vocals. I keep feeling like ive got too much on yet I cant have them dry. Im using CSR reverbs and these rule for drums etc but I cant seem to nail those vocal tracks! Any advice?

OK, just some quick suggestions, didn't spend much thinking on these :D

1. Try inverting the phase of the reverb - sometimes that just does it...
2. Try a good multi-delay instead of or just with little reverb

CSR is kick-ass, so I almost don't dare to mention another plug. But on www.echochamber.ch (click: ressourcen) you may find some great free impulses, I love the Quantech or E250 stuff for vocals. The only freeware algorythm I frequently use is Anwidasoft DX Reverb Light.

Two questions:
What genre, type of vocals and tempo are the tracks?
Did you try to effect the reverb with EQ? (I bet you did...)

OK, just some quick suggestions, didn't spend much thinking on these :D

1. Try inverting the phase of the reverb - sometimes that just does it...
2. Try a good multi-delay instead of or just with little reverb

CSR is kick-ass, so I almost don't dare to mention another plug. But on www.echochamber.ch (click: ressourcen) you may find some great free impulses, I love the Quantech or E250 stuff for vocals. The only freeware algorythm I frequently use is Anwidasoft DX Reverb Light.

Two questions:
What genre, type of vocals and tempo are the tracks?
Did you try to effect the reverb with EQ? (I bet you did...)

Ill give those a go thanks! Yeah CSR is really good, I just find im missing something in the vocal department. Ive tried some EQ to boost the presence but for some reason the vocal and harmonies dont seem right.

The genre is pretty fast thrash style and the tempo's vary however the vocals are almost all over 180bpm.

Yeah im low cutting the master vox bus + a boost for presence + a bit of 200hz for more beef

Shred, Sonar 6 has a decent reverb under Cakewalk>FX reverb. You can mix the wet dry with that. Sonitus is a good one. How are you reversing your track with Sonar 6? I haven't found the option, yet. I'm gonna take a look at that now.

Ive sorted that now, but the reverse option is under one of the top toolbars, audio, then it has gain, normalizing fade etc and the last one is reverse.

Found it! Thanks. This is gonna trip the band I'm mixing the fuck out! I've put it on the singer's sexy fuckin EX! girlfriend's harmony track. I'm thinking I'll get a blow job out of it from her, it sounds so bitchin.:lol:

Er... the reason it wasn't sounding right is because the final product has the vocal reversed. You were doing it right to start with:

- Reverse the vocal part,
- Add the 'verb,
- Reverse again - then the vocal is playing the right way, and the reverb 'tail' is now a lead-in.

Whether you want a copy under the original, just the reverb on a seperate track or anything else is up to you, but the principle is the same.

One thing to keep an eye on though - if you split the track so the "I" is on it's own, you have to make sure the reverb actually has a tail (increasing the length of the clip), and doesn't cut off when that section of the track finishes. In the Sonitus reverb there's a button called 'tail' that does exactly that.

Steve

This is the most straightforward and fastest way of doing it. No bouncing needed. I was under the impression that this was the most commonly accepted method too, but I seem to have been mistaken.

I think this is what your aiming for:

Aye processed

Steps:

1: Apply reverb.
2: Reverse the sample.
3: Mix the sample down reversed with the reverb (make sure you get the tail)
4: Re reverse the new sample.

Wouldn't step 1 be to reverse the sample? Then step 2 would be to apply the reverb? Doing it the way you wrote the end result would be a standard reverb'd sample. You want to apply the reverb to the reversed sample so that when you flip it back you get the reverb swelling into the actual sample.

This is how I do it, anyway. I usually set it pretty wet with a relatively long decay. This leaves me room to adjust the swell to get it to fit the mix/tempo by fading it in if necessary.

Im using Sonar 6. Im looking at Perfect Space now, I hope this works, this is taking me ages...

Awww I was hoping you were gonna say Logic Pro, because you can easily do it with the space designer plugin. I did the same thing you are trying to do last week, only my line was "blame no one else"