Review from Polish site Millenium Metal

Eden's Fall

METAL
Dec 9, 2005
www.edensfall.com
Here is a review of our CD from the Polish website Millenium Metal:

http://www.metal.net.pl/plyty.php?id=1081

Here is the english translation (Thanks Pawel!):

There are many debuting groups, not too well known, and “taken from nowhere”, which suddenly became very popular. Sometimes it happens because of some connections in music business or some guys with “big” names, producers or something etc., who help the band to come into the metal scene. I thought that band called Eden’s Fall is a band of this type, because they’ve been working with Dan Swano, who has produced the album “Harmony of lies”, and legendary James Murphy, who has taken on his bars the mastering of this album. I was wrong... because the music on this album is great and the band don’t need any help of anyone.
This album has great production, ass-kicking and modern sound. “Harmony of lies” is a good piece of heavy/thrash metal music, and it’s equal to bands such as Metallica and Megadeth but also Nevermore and Iced Earth (following to the biographical note) and i can only agree with this opinion. The first thing i want to say about is vocal of John Barr which reminds me James Hetfield vocals but only in few moments. We can hear here many styles and many uses of John’s voice. It’s not only clear, heavy metal singing but also aggressive, thrashing screams and growls which makes an amazing metal mixture.
The music is also in many styles, and i can’t say, that this album is in ‘X’ style, or ‘Y’ style, because Eden’s Fall like to experiment with the music and we can hear on this album a mix of classic heavy metal, with all this melodic vocals, great guitar playing and solos as well as the thrashing aggression and energy but also a modern metalcore too. I searched in my head for some equivalent that I could compare with Eden’s Fall and finally I found... HavocHate! Seemingly both are completely different, but however I can hear some similiarity. Many elements are the same, like some roots in classical metal music played in non-classical, modern style.
All “Harmony of lies” tracks are metal “killers” wich are falling into memory and staying there for long time after we hear this album. Powerful wall of sound, great, technical guitar solos, fantastic drums and bass playing. Guitar riffs and solos are a little psycho and schizo and I think that this is the Nevermore inspiration, of which we can read in band’s biography. I’ve heard this album probably hundred times and all tracks are great, none is bad or weaker. My favorites tracks are the first three: “Blur the lines”, “Planet Hate” and “Lost Again” but also closing “Nothingheart”. I’ve found another one similiarity in John’s voice – in “Lost agains” his vocal reminds me voice of epic/power metal Skullview vocalist – Quimby, but maybe it’s only my impression.
It is great that at each next hearing of the album we can find some new elements, which were hidden for our ear last time. “Harmony of lies” is an album that can interest us, surprise and absorb without the rest. This album has involved me and I recommend it to all, who likes the sounds of XXI century mixed with heavy/thrashing classical metal. Revelation! If you don’t know what to do with your life... you have to hear this album!

Wow, I've seen the vocals compared to Bobby Blitz, Chuck Billy, Warrell Dane, Phil from Sacred Reich, one of the Exodus guys and now Quimby(*) and James Hetfield.

John, you must indeed be the Rich Little of metal :)

(*) from Valparaiso's own Skullview!

Ken

Haha, it's a good name for metal band... \m/ Metal Parrot \m/
or maybe... /ParroticA\ hahaha :)

PS: Hi guys, greets from Poland. Thanks for the CD and great music! Eden's Fall rox \m/
I'll try to make polish metal maniacs know your music.

Atreju said:
Haha, it's a good name for metal band... \m/ Metal Parrot \m/
or maybe... /ParroticA\ hahaha :)

PS: Hi guys, greets from Poland. Thanks for the CD and great music! Eden's Fall rox \m/
I'll try to make polish metal maniacs know your music.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for spreading the word! :headbang: