Review of 5/9 Worcester, MA show (With set list)

SlayerNPG

Feb 15, 2002
Malden, MA
Visit site
Here is the set list for the show at the Palladium in Worcester, MA on 5/9. This is close enough to the right order, but not everything is exact. I'm not missing any songs though, these are all they played.

Contact
What doesn't die
Black dahlia
Caught in a mosh
Got the time
Safe home
Inside out
Fueled
Antisocial
N.F.L.
Black lodge
Nobody knows anything
Only
Madhouse
Metal thrashing mad
Bring the noise

It wasn't a bad show. The crowd was wild with a few fights. Not to sound like a bitch, but I'm actually disappointed with the set list. I understand they have "hits" that they have to play like Got The Time, Antisocial, Bring The Noise, Caught in a mosh, etc., but I was really looking forward to hearing different songs. I read on their tour before this they were playing In My World and 1000 Points Of Hate. I would have loved to hear those. And they have so many other songs that would be so fucking cool to hear live like Keep It In The Family, Hy Pro Glo, not to mention it fucking sucks they didn't play Among The Living. That's like Slayer not playing Raining Blood! Oh well, it was still a good show, they played for about an hour and ten-fifteen minutes. I just can't wait for them to headline on their own.

i was there too! Kick ass show but yeah,I was surprised that they didn't play among the living,Indians and I am the law....but it was a great show,amazing really!

I will never understand bring the noise. Hit??!! When? I have been fan since way back. I remember it being a big thing when they "toured" with public enemy but damn, I want it dead. Get rid of the rap tune!!

well from what I hear its a good thing I didn't waste 30bucks on last nights show. . .( I choose to watch my Celtics get destroyed instead ) but I think I might go to tonights show in NJ. . .. not sure... ummm
My question is this ? is it worth going just to see them open ??? or should I wait for them to headline. . . ???? questions questions in my head ?@#?@

go see Trax anytime you can!!!what better way of spending an evening drinkin, watching chicks and the best band live performing on stage!!!!!this is youre weakest thread ever my good friend!!!!!

not bad, but they really need to get rid of bring the noise and got the time. those two spots in the set could be used for other old tunes or something better. id rather listen to the toilet flush than bring the noise without public enemy

I liked Bring the noise and Got the time but yeah, they could've played 2 other songs there but I didn't mind them. Anyway, choose a celtics game over going to an Anthrax show in a room full hot butts?

I do remember bush saying that the Celtics were being destroyed!

I think that since Anthrax played "Bring the Noise" on the Pantera tour and they got the places going fucking nuts every time they played it despite being up against Pantera, you're stuck with it for good. I could do without "Got the Time" but it also gets the crowd into a frenzy too.

I think that they could drop Bring The Noise/I'm The Man, they may have been revolutionary but they have so many better songs.
Got the Time rules though, doodle doodle doodle doodle doodle (sings bass intro)

This show kicked ass! My g/f got a nice tight baby doll shirt. I got drunk w/ some of motorheads crew and got my pic w/ bush. Horns up to Jody! "Motorhead, everything else is irrelovent"

That setlist isn't bad at all...ya know, an Anthrax set list is like having 2 kids, you can't choose which one is your favorite. Belly of the Beast and Keep it in the Family would rule live, Black Lodge is cool, but how about playing Room for One More, or Potter's Field instead? They should just play every song they've ever written, then it'd all be good...

yeah, I'm torn when it comes to black lodge. I love that song, and it comes out great live but, I don't know, it slower paced and it kind of slows down the momentum of the show. you hear all these powerful fast paced tunes and yet you'd got black lodge sandwhiched in there somewhere. As far as Anthrax acoustic, I can understand playing Safe home but wouldn't it be more fitting if they did Black Lodge rather than Anti-Social???

No it's "If it's not Motorhead it's irrelavant!" Horns back at you and horns to motorheads crew, Hope we didn't annoy the piss out of you. The Set ruled...I still can't talk and finally got hearing back in my left ear yesterday. Truth be told I wouldn't care if Anthrax cam e out and played old mcdonalds farm as long as it was live.:hotjump: Need to get in touch so we can hang out sometime.