Review of Pops St.Louis December 6th show.

-Rivfader-

Klingons on Uranus
Oct 17, 2003
St. Louis Missouri USA
Visit site
MY DECEMBER 6th ST.LOUIS REVIEW.

Ill review the bands first then ill talk about my night.

Hypocrisy 8.5/10 - Great live band I loved every minute and I ecspecially loved the killing fields song that was a great headbanger. I have never seen or heard this band till tonight and I have to say they were awesome.

CHILDREN FUCKING BODOM 10/10 - THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY NIGHT!!!! RAHHHH THEY KICKED SO MUCH ASS! I was over on the left side right next the speaker and Henkka was cool he would point at us and headbang, and Alexi did some cool shit. They were the best band I have ever seen live.
Needled 24-7
Hate ME!
Chokehold
Silent Night Bodom Night
Everytime I Die - (Was the best IMO)
Downfall
People booed when Alexi said "This is the last one for tonight" and they started chanting WE WANT COB!
They are the greatest band live ever.

NEVERMORE 10/10 HOLY SHIT!!!! LOOMIS FUCKING OWNS. My favorites of the show were I Voyager and the River Dragon has Come, the solo in River Dragon was so fucking cool. I was right up in front to Loomis, banging my head away. My friend caught his pick, lucky bastard. Oh and Van Williams is a fucking great drummer. I want to see Nevermore again so bad.

Dimmu - 0/10 I dislike Dimmu in everyway, their stage presence was lame, with these spiked gauntlets and boots and crap, the only good song they played was In Death's Embrace. We all left after Catascym Children. And I am damned glad we did because next is the highlight of the night.

I MET ALEXI FUCKIN LAIHO!!! He signed my Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper album. He was really nice and he said he hopes they can come back on a tour of their own in the USA. He answered my friends questions about guitars amps or whatever stuff I don't understand but it was awesome shaking hands with my guitar hero. :headbang:

Next I met Van Williams of Nevermore. He was really nice, signed my Enemies of Reality Cd and my Ticket Stub. :headbang:

I am a proud new owner of the COB Hatecrew Deathroll Usa Tour Shirt.

\m/

COBSteele02 said:
I am a proud new owner of the COB Hatecrew Deathroll Usa Tour Shirt.

\m/
ha so am I, and i also found this on ebay

1e_1.JPG

but i bought it so :loco: .

COBSteele02 said:
the only good song they played was In Death's Embrace
Yeah thats the only song i like too

Hell yes!! that was a fucking blast!!!! and White Caste was delicious!! CoB kicked my ass! fucking amazing. Hypocricy, meh didnt give a shit about them. Nevermore was boring as hell, but I did like the part when people were shouting fuck Nevermore when Alexi said they only had 30 minutes :) Nevermore just didnt belong there. and dimmu was crazy as hell, loved em. and Spike Guantlets rule dammit!!! hehe.

30 minutes just sucked ass!! what the hell is that all about? I fell as if I was cheated, I want more CoB!!!!!!!!!

Darthlardo said:
Hell yes!! that was a fucking blast!!!! and White Caste was delicious!! CoB kicked my ass! fucking amazing. Hypocricy, meh didnt give a shit about them. Nevermore was boring as hell, but I did like the part when people were shouting fuck Nevermore when Alexi said they only had 30 minutes :) Nevermore just didnt belong there. and dimmu was crazy as hell, loved em. and Spike Guantlets rule dammit!!! hehe.

30 minutes just sucked ass!! what the hell is that all about? I fell as if I was cheated, I want more CoB!!!!!!!!!

Im sorry but the spiked gauntlets were just rediculus looking I couldn't stop laughing at it when I first saw them with that crap on. Dimmu looked like the clowns thugs off batman movies. :lol:

And im glad we left Dimmu or else I wouldn't have met Alexi or Van.

i was at the stlouis show. didnt see much of anyone besides CoB. my second show of this tour and i have yet to see dimmu borgir. was told they were boring anyways.

what was wrong with the crowd?!?!?! i walked in during hypocrisy and you all were just standing there like they were watching the news or something. and whoever that dumb shit was that said "fuck your new song" was, good lord.. what a moron.

my CoB-related experiences so far::

On the way to Atlanta- drove through a tornado, had a wreck
On the way to St.Louis- got lost in Tennessee, got a speeding ticket in Illinois
On the way back from St.Louis- almost had another wreck, locked down on brakes so hard it killed my battery in the middle of the interstate

even though it's going to kill me having to get my car repaired now, it was worth it. lol.

heatherxlove said:
i was at the stlouis show. didnt see much of anyone besides CoB. my second show of this tour and i have yet to see dimmu borgir. was told they were boring anyways.

what was wrong with the crowd?!?!?! i walked in during hypocrisy and you all were just standing there like they were watching the news or something. and whoever that dumb shit was that said "fuck your new song" was, good lord.. what a moron.

my CoB-related experiences so far::

On the way to Atlanta- drove through a tornado, had a wreck
On the way to St.Louis- got lost in Tennessee, got a speeding ticket in Illinois
On the way back from St.Louis- almost had another wreck, locked down on brakes so hard it killed my battery in the middle of the interstate

even though it's going to kill me having to get my car repaired now, it was worth it. lol.

haha.. remember when you hit that girl in the parking lot? haha. sucks about the ticket though. aww.. i was like.. with you the whole way there.. talking you through being lost and txt message through the ticket. haha. too bad i didn't get to REALLY be there. :/

chelsea said:
remember when you hit that girl in the parking lot?
uhm, i didn't actually hit her. she shouldn't have been standing in front of my car. stupid fleabag caused me to be cussed out by that anal security guard in tights and on a bicycle.

Darthlardo said:
are you that bad are driving or are you blind in one eye with a peg leg???
i can't help it that i am a descendant of pirates.

gimick or no gimick who cares the music is good. Isnt that the point of metal. Good music, good shows, good fun. The light show was awesome, that adds to everything and makes it more fun!!! I had fun, and the entire crowd chanting Oi. Oi. Oi. Oi makes me think they had lots of fun too.

yeah, i only have one album of dimmu's (death cult armageddon) mainly cuz i'm new to the metal scene and i'm trying to catch up without mp3's, but i really like it. i'm not bashing dimmu. i just asked friend what they're like live and he said being that they have an hour and a half long set, it can get rather boring. and i didn't know if they were satan kids or what, but i listen to the music and that does sound like maybe satan had a part of it, but.. it's cool. rock on dimmu. rock your black metal fans' worlds.

heatherxlove said:
i can't help it that i am a descendant of pirates.
Maybe you should get some lessons from Eagle Fly Free.

Also Dimmu reminds me of a mixture between KISS and GWAR, smashed together and turned into a Black Metal band. Anyone else get this impression??

Darthlardo said:
gimick or no gimick who cares the music is good. Isnt that the point of metal.

That's the point I personally don't enjoy their music... there's always something that ruins the track for me, usually the obnoxious vocals... I'm just not a fan of the Cradle of Filthesque style.