reviews

I just bought the latest edition of the biggest metal magazine in Sweden - Close-Up Magazine and they gave "Jordpuls" 4 out of 10.
As usual, the Swedish press understands nothing of Vintersorg and it's something that has bothered me for many years now. In this latest review, they say:

"...more than ever before, the vocal melodies feels like excuses for the Skellefteå-son to lecture about nature science and astronomy. On the 46 minutes of the record, there are so many nebulas, heavenly carousels, birth hubs and esoteric theorems...
It is not entirely meant as criticism. But almost."

*sigh*

These damn Swedes, they don't know shit about music. Nah but seriously, 4/10 is way off; I'd partly agree with a 8/10, but 4? Preposterous! I hit "gillar" on their FB page just to flame them haha, at least one person will see it :) .

I just bought the latest edition of the biggest metal magazine in Sweden - Close-Up Magazine and they gave "Jordpuls" 4 out of 10.
As usual, the Swedish press understands nothing of Vintersorg and it's something that has bothered me for many years now. In this latest review, they say:

"...more than ever before, the vocal melodies feels like excuses for the Skellefteå-son to lecture about nature science and astronomy. On the 46 minutes of the record, there are so many nebulas, heavenly carousels, birth hubs and esoteric theorems...

*sigh*

:confused: :err: :mad: :guh: :ill: ..... :puke:

*sigh*

By this logic aren't all vocal melodies just excuses to lecture about something then...? Isn't that what SINGING LYRICS is!?!? Perhaps they'd prefer vocals, without any words....

i don't know what it's written in the remaining parts of the review, but the only argument of the lyrics it doesn't justify a such low vote.
i mean, i listen to a lot of groups of whose lyrics i don't give a fuck, like the most part of splatter death metal, but you cannot use it as an "excuse", just to use their words, for a such bad vote. you don't like galaxies? maybe there's someone out there who appreciates this argument!!! and being meticolous this album is less space-centred than the previous ones, so they not telling a complete truth (or they just don't have read all the lyrics). and above all there's also the music which i find fantastic, so i'm curious to hear what they tell about this matter.

i don't know what it's written in the remaining parts of the review, but the only argument of the lyrics it doesn't justify a such low vote.
i mean, i listen to a lot of groups of whose lyrics i don't give a fuck, like the most part of splatter death metal, but you cannot use it as an "excuse", just to use their words, for a such bad vote. you don't like galaxies? maybe there's someone out there who appreciates this argument!!! and being meticolous this album is less space-centred than the previous ones, so they not telling a complete truth (or they just don't have read all the lyrics). and above all there's also the music which i find fantastic, so i'm curious to hear what they tell about this matter.

True!!!

They actually replied to the comment I made on their FB page, they said:
"Well… obviously not".

:rolleyes:

Hey, actually we have 21st century and nobody has enough time to listen to all those new albums (and new band --> it's almost impossible to do something new what wasn't done in the past). So in most cases, reviews are generated by computer. (The same as horoscopes.) And final grades are chose at random. Or... ...maybe... they think: "OK, it's Vintersorg so we'll give him 92/100. Next one!" ...or... "OK, he took one step back, so this time it will be 4/10." ...

which was your comment?

"You obviously know nothing since you gave new Vintersorg 4/10."

You have FB? Feel free to add me.

Hey, actually we have 21st century and nobody has enough time to listen to all those new albums (and new band --> it's almost impossible to do something new what wasn't done in the past). So in most cases, reviews are generated by computer. (The same as horoscopes.) And final grades are chose at random. Or... ...maybe... they think: "OK, it's Vintersorg so we'll give him 92/100. Next one!" ...or... "OK, he took one step back, so this time it will be 4/10." ...

:lol: I sure hope not.

Whee the red button really works in these cases, thanks Elvina!

So there are only 2 people complaining about this review on Close-up mag FB page? Too bad, I was hoping for a huge protest in the name of good tastes in music!!! :heh:
I'm listening to Jordpuls for maybe the 20th time now, and it's great at all levels. I don't understand those who don't understand!

I think that's the most plausible interpretation... :bah:

ahaha seen that!
and you're not the only one who commented it!

added :p

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE LEFAYS IS MY FRIEND ON FB! *happy* :D:Spin::wave:

So there are only 2 people complaining about this review on Close-up mag FB page? Too bad, I was hoping for a huge protest in the name of good tastes in music!!! :heh:
I'm listening to Jordpuls for maybe the 20th time now, and it's great at all levels. I don't understand those who don't understand!

I think that's the most plausible interpretation... :bah:

Yes, but then again, some people are plain stupid. I assume you're "Viviane" so I'm going to add you too.

three now!

we are tremendously protective when it comes to andreas' music :)

Yeah! I mean, one may dislike his music (really?), but 4/10 is too much. Feel free to help me with the flaming haha.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE LEFAYS IS MY FRIEND ON FB! *happy* :D:Spin::wave:

ahahah yes! we are talking as if we had never talked before....like if we've just met! fb is waaaay more immediate than the forum.

anyway...

STALKER!!!!!! ;)

ahahah yes! we are talking as if we had never talked before....like if we've just met! fb is waaaay more immediate than the forum.

anyway...

STALKER!!!!!! ;)

Haha yeah that's true, it's like "Nice to meet you, what's your name?" sort of thing haha. Yeah FB is more immediate than the forum, I guess that's an advantage?

Cara mia, I've been stalking you for quite a while…you just didn't know. I actually stayed in your hotel, but, disguised as another man….

Did Close up write more about why they wanted to give it a 4?

Yes, they answered: "Simply because that specific writer didn't like the album. This doesn't necessarily mean that the MAGAZINE think the new Vintersorg is a 4/10, but that specific writer obviously thinks so. If you guys dig the album, that's terrific."
Oh now I can't see the comments anymore, I think they deleted everything. Why would they delete them, it wasn't even rude, ahaha! For me, all that show that they are a little worried about the credibility of their magazine, hehehehehe. Indeed the stupidity of this review was too obvious.
Vintersorg 1, Close-up magazine 0

Yes, they answered: "Simply because that specific writer didn't like the album. This doesn't necessarily mean that the MAGAZINE think the new Vintersorg is a 4/10, but that specific writer obviously thinks so. If you guys dig the album, that's terrific."
Oh now I can't see the comments anymore, I think they deleted everything. Why would they delete them, it wasn't even rude, ahaha! For me, all that show that they are a little worried about the credibility of their magazine, hehehehehe. Indeed the stupidity of this review was too obvious.
Vintersorg 1, Close-up magazine 0

Yeah :headbang:! You suck Close-Up magazine! I mean, you've the name of a toothpaste for Cthulhu's sake, which doesn't make you very cool.

Does anyone have a link to the review? I couldn't find it.

I was hoping for a huge protest in the name of good tastes in music!!! :heh:
Firstly: actually my copy of Jordpuls is "shipped" so don't expect me to kill all journalists in advance. I have no arguments to fight.
Secondly: Who does really care about journalist's taste?