Rhapsody/Voyager NA tour

Therein lies the problem. Expectations. I think many bands expectations are set way too high. I'm not talking about NYC, LA or Chicago either, but for the smaller secondary markets. Plus it doesn't help that most bills that come through contain crappy or repeat support bands. There's no extra incentive for the fan who is on the fence to come out and watch the show.

That's what happens when you have one promoter who controls the market who can command the large payouts. Cities with smaller draws are not financially viable to play these shows in, because promoters don't make the money back to profit or even break even.

I don't blame anyone for skipping a market that doesn't draw, it's a business. Bands spend a fuckton of money to travel, they should be paid. This city can't or won't do it.

Nightwish will stop here, because big female bands do great, but I'd even wonder if Blind Guardian would come back after the abysmal (for them) draw they had last time.

Wow, nothing in Chicago proper (let alone WI but I understand the reasons why). Looks like a road trip to Joliet. Need to support the support act! :D

Portland to San Diego and then BACK to LA? Colorado to Seattle?

Gotta agree that Portland to SD to LA is a lot of driving for someone. But they're coming to Portland and at a decent venue at that, so I'm happy. Rhapsody has been on my "see at least once" list. Was really impressed with Fabio when he toured with Kamelot.

And Voyager too, that's just a bonus!

Every time I decide I'm sick to death of living in Jersey, a tour like this comes through and reminds me there are advantages. I will be all over that show at the Gramercy. Can't wait!

Man, the Baltimore show does have to be on Memorial Day Weekend. I'll actually be north of Baltimore, but otherwise committed.

It would be tough normally to make a B-more show anyways, with me working south of DC nowadays.

This tour would be great....if I could enjoy it being anywhere close to me. Voyager is worth it alone.

Man, the Baltimore show does have to be on Memorial Day Weekend. I'll actually be north of Baltimore, but otherwise committed.

It would be tough normally to make a B-more show anyways, with me working south of DC nowadays.

Yeah I didn't even notice that....the Baltimore show is right during Maryland Deathfest. I wonder how that's going to affect the draw...

That's what happens when you have one promoter who controls the market who can command the large payouts. Cities with smaller draws are not financially viable to play these shows in, because promoters don't make the money back to profit or even break even.

I don't blame anyone for skipping a market that doesn't draw, it's a business. Bands spend a fuckton of money to travel, they should be paid. This city can't or won't do it.

Nightwish will stop here, because big female bands do great, but I'd even wonder if Blind Guardian would come back after the abysmal (for them) draw they had last time.

Try living here in El Paso, it is so hard for us to get anyone to stop here, we were lucky 3 weeks ago to get Children of Bodom, and the venue was sold-out 1800 people, but JF wasn't booking that show.
Your right Nightwish will always do a Phoenix date, but what kills me is on every tour they have done, it's Phoenix, a two days off then either Dallas, San Antonio or Houston or Austin, and where do they stop to take a days rest? El Paso, yeppers they stop here, check into the Marriot, spend the day sight-seeing or in Jukka's case he rents a Harley and rides around the city, why not do a one off show and make some money? Just an observation.

Try living here in El Paso, it is so hard for us to get anyone to stop here, we were lucky 3 weeks ago to get Children of Bodom, and the venue was sold-out 1800 people, but JF wasn't booking that show.
Your right Nightwish will always do a Phoenix date, but what kills me is on every tour they have done, it's Phoenix, a two days off then either Dallas, San Antonio or Houston or Austin, and where do they stop to take a days rest? El Paso, yeppers they stop here, check into the Marriot, spend the day sight-seeing or in Jukka's case he rents a Harley and rides around the city, why not do a one off show and make some money? Just an observation.

Speaking of that, check your PM. ;)