Rhapsody/Voyager NA tour

I'd have to imagine he's referring to the routing, which is fucking stupid. I guess that's how it goes when you're booking shows, and you're at the mercy of the clubs, but fuck. Portland to San Diego and then BACK to LA? Colorado to Seattle? In two days? That's not terrible but why not book a show in SF or Salt Lake City?

Yes, Nailz, that was my point, and you described it perfectly. Those were the two worst legs, but the others aren't great, other than Baltimore and Philly.

I know it can't be easy to schedule a swing where the road miles and clubs make sense, but this tour looks like 1 step forward, 2 steps back consistently. I doubt they are flying in between gigs, so there is hardly any time for anything but driving, soundchecks, and then playing.

Oh, yeah, and the bastard who decided they shouldn't play Masquerade in Atlanta is sadistic, because it causes ME pain.

Hoping to see them in Philadelphia again:) Wait.. which of the 2 bands is this again??

Again... it's Rhapsody of Fire, and not Luca Turilli's Rhapsody.

Do you guys seriously think Luca Turilli's Rhapsody, a brand new band, would be announcing a headlining US tour without the first album being even released?

Do you guys seriously think Luca Turilli's Rhapsody, a brand new band, would be announcing a headlining US tour without the first album being even released?

Maybe, I don't know.

Honestly, Rhapsody of Fire without Luca, isn't as attractive. Yet, Luna Turilli's Rhapsody isn't yet fully attractive without the other people.

But it is not as if Luca wouldn't be pulling form the Rhapsody catalog, or that he couldn't pull from his other solo/project albums.

I like some of Luca's solo work, so I'm interested in hearing how he proceeds with the Rhapsody name.

I'm still upset that it will be even longer before I have the opportunity to see them (or one of them).

Maybe, I don't know.

Honestly, Rhapsody of Fire without Luca, isn't as attractive. Yet, Luna Turilli's Rhapsody isn't yet fully attractive without the other people.

But it is not as if Luca wouldn't be pulling form the Rhapsody catalog, or that he couldn't pull from his other solo/project albums.

I like some of Luca's solo work, so I'm interested in hearing how he proceeds with the Rhapsody name.

I'm still upset that it will be even longer before I have the opportunity to see them (or one of them).

Here's my $0.02

I love Luca as a songwriter and player, but really, some bedroom warrior or session guitarist out there would be able to reproduce his guitar parts. It can be done. Not so much the case with Fabio Lione's voice - if I'm hearing Rhapsody songs, I really want to hear his voice on them. Ergo, I would prefer to see live a version of Rhapsody with Fabio and someone else on guitar (obviously the best case scenario is both of them, but you know).

On the other hand, I'd be more interested to listen to a new studio album from the Luca side as I also am a big fan of his Luca Turilli albums and their style. I would not however be quite as excited to hear a Luca band playing Rhapsody songs with someone else on vocals. (I would be totally jazzed to see Luca play a set of his own stuff though with his singer on vocals.)

I love Luca as a songwriter and player, but really, some bedroom warrior or session guitarist out there would be able to reproduce his guitar parts. It can be done.

That may be true to an extent, since everyone has their own distinctive style of playing, but it wouldn't be the same. Seeing a cover band or whatever is completely different than watching the person who wrote the songs, who put the passion and feel into them, who carried the band for however many years and toured, wrote, recorded, etc. Seeing Luca play that would be awesome, even if someone else could replicate it. They would still not be Luca.

What about Rhapsody of Broccoli? Valid point but it's a little confusing what they're doing, and kinda sad too. But I prefer Fabio to well, I guess we don't know who the singer is yet in Lucas Rhapsody.

Official press release, via http://www.bravewords.com/news/179432 :

RHAPSODY OF FIRE have announced dates for their World Tour Part 3: First Ever North American Headlining Tour.

Keyboardist Alex Staropoli commented: “American and Canadian Rhapsody Of Fire fans have been waiting a long time for our return to North America. We’ve heard your demands and now it’s finally a reality! Rhapsody Of Fire is stronger than ever and ready to bring to you the longest, biggest and best show we’ve ever done in the band’s 15+ years history.

We’re also giving fans the opportunity to spend an incredible amount of personal time with us face-to-face in order to bring us very close to our fans in a very personal and meaningful way.”

427399_10150615656304302_182133284301_9395637_926980551_n.jpg

May
25 - The Trocadero – Philadelphia, PA
26 - Soundstage - Baltimore,MD
27 - The Palladium – Worcester, MA
29 - Gramercy Theatre - New York, NY
30 - Club Soda – Montreal, QC
31 - Imperial de Quebec - Quebec City, QC

June
1 - Mod Club – Toronto, CA
3 - Peabody`s – Cleveland, OH
4 - Altar Bar – Pittsburgh, PA
5 – Mojoes – Joliet, IL
6 - Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
8 - Gothic Theater – Englewood, NJ
10 - El Corazon – Seattle, WA
11 - Hawthorne Theatre – Portland, OR
12 - Slim's - San Francisco, CA
14 - House of Blues - San Diego, CA
15 - The Grove – Anaheim, CA

A special VIP package is also available for these dates. Details on the packages can be found here.

mëtålspëd;10211366 said:
Dragon's flight can cover that in like 4 hours tops... :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its not just the flight of the dragon that makes it fast, its actually the Power of the Dragon Flame.

We could very easily start spawning Rhapsody one liners... anyone down?