RI 2/25

T-Rat

Muse Of Fire
Mar 17, 2004
jewtown, ma
www.myspace.com
hey

1st time for me seeing DT... great show, liked the interactiveness of it, tho' i almost got kneed in the face by mikael a few times :)

spoke to niklas outside in the cold, nice fellow, gave a greeting hug and all...

so, i guess i am amongst the newest fans of the group...

hi!

spearofthelily666 said:
what the hell- why does opeth get 1:45 to play and DT gets 25 minutes... that's f'd up.

Because Opeth was the headlining act. Good luck finding a tour where the supporting act gets the longer set.

Skullzz said:
Because Opeth was the headlining act. Good luck finding a tour where the supporting act gets the longer set.

That still is a fucking ripoff for Dark Tranquillity... they got 40 minutes at least when I saw them with Soilwork. But I saw Dark Tranquillity in Cleveland as a headliner with a 75-min. set. It was lovely.

AALLGOD said:
That still is a fucking ripoff for Dark Tranquillity... they got 40 minutes at least when I saw them with Soilwork. But I saw Dark Tranquillity in Cleveland as a headliner with a 75-min. set. It was lovely.

It sucks for the DT fans, but i'd bet that the guys in Dark Tranquility are mighty happy to be on that tour. 25 minutes isn't long, but Opeth is becoming massively popular. DT touring with them will mean that Opeth's booming fanbase will get to hear a band that many of them may have never heard before, that they might enjoy just as much.

I brought a punk rock chick with me to that show last night, and she was quite impressed with Dark Tranquility from their 25 minute set. They have that new fan and probably many others, who might not have gone to the show for Dark Tranquility alone. The band deserves that success, do they not?

Skullzz said:
I brought a punk rock chick with me to that show last night, and she was quite impressed with Dark Tranquility from their 25 minute set. They have that new fan and probably many others, who might not have gone to the show for Dark Tranquility alone. The band deserves that success, do they not?

same thing with a friend that i brought along last year. he had never heard them before and he was impressed. they do deserve the sucess. they have stayed true to writing good music for over a decade and they work hard to bring the best they can to their fans. they are talented to say the least; musicians who are very dedicated to their work. on top of that they are unique, and their music is composed very well. something that is seen less and less in the main genre of metal.