Rick Mythiasin [Ex-Steel Prophet] goes back to his old school roots! Check the demo!

That means Taraxacum is done? :(

Actually Mythiasin has a very good cover of 'Freewill' in "Red Star A Tribute To Rush". But after he left SP I hoped Taraxacum would have become his next band, their last album smokes.

As for this demo sound too generic American Power (like New Eden, Prototype, Enertia, Ion Vein, Premonition, Agent Steel, Destiny's End, etc.) and I never dug that type of music/vocals.

I love Rick with SP and Taraxacum, his work in Redemption is pretty good to, but this stuff just doesn't click for me. I think he's misdirectioning his vocal abbilities and the composition is nothing special IMO.

Have you heard all the tracks?

I agree about the first song. In fact I said so in my first message.
Give the other two a run if you have not done yet.

I heard the three of them, in the third he actually screams too high-pitched which is not good for me either :(

I may have to give them more spinning, I let you know.

I listened a few times, I like the overall sound very much but the first and last song have a bit poor compositions, second is much stronger, reminds me alot of the good oldschool thrash stuff !! ofcourse this is a demo and the sound is pretty basic...will keep an eye on this anyway !

Wyvern said:
I love Rick with SP and Taraxacum, his work in Redemption is pretty good to, but this stuff just doesn't click for me. I think he's misdirectioning his vocal abbilities and the composition is nothing special IMO.

The Redemption stuff was produced horribly because I thought he did a good job, but it didn't "sound" nearly as good as it could. Rick would work well in another prog band.
Those samples don't sound good at all though..... : ( Btw brother Vern, what does Taraxacum sound like ? I like SP, but they have some weak stuff and some very strong stuff (none due to Rick's vocals) IMNSHO.

Bryant

Bryant said:
( Btw brother Vern, what does Taraxacum sound like ?

Bryant

Bryant, I dunno if you're going to like them. Is Euro metal, pretty melodic bordering on power, but far from Hammerfall, Blind Guardian, Helloween or so. I don't think they are alike Tad Morose, Avalon or so either. Again I'm of hard hearing so don't rely on me much :dopey:

You can check some of their stuff here:

http://www.taraxacum.net/multimedia.php