Right here goes.

devilsreject

old skool mosher
Mar 6, 2006
Scotland
OK, I'm a noob on here and I know this topic has probably been done to death on here so dont flame me dudes ok, I just want some reasons.

So Anthrax are touring here (Glasgow) again next month and I know Belladonna, Bello and Spitz are back for the forseeable. Thing is, as a long time (since '87) Anthrax loyal follower and a fan of both the Belladonna and Bush eras. I'm havin trouble understanding why they've done what they've done. I'm startin to think I dont wanna go and see em cos I really think they've made a huge mistake with the line-up thing and the last few times I saw em with Bush were killer. I just wanna know is there a link to an official announcement or explanation as to why they got rid of Bush and Caggiano so I can maybe understand the reasoning behind fucking up the most awesome metal band on the planet. I cant seem to find one.
Thanks and rock on.:kickass:

Alright DR
There has been no official comment to say that John and Robb are out of the band, all thats been said is that nobody has left the band. The reunion was brought about by Dimebags death, they felt if they didnt do it now they may never get the chance again. Scott Ian post here quite often and on the CDC boards and has always said that no decicion has been made on who will be singing on the new record. I think its prety sure to be Joey :mad:
Anways thats your breif history on the reunion, now wheres the beer?:kickass:

devilsreject said:
OK, I'm a noob on here and I know this topic has probably been done to death on here so dont flame me dudes ok, I just want some reasons.

So Anthrax are touring here (Glasgow) again next month and I know Belladonna, Bello and Spitz are back for the forseeable. Thing is, as a long time (since '87) Anthrax loyal follower and a fan of both the Belladonna and Bush eras. I'm havin trouble understanding why they've done what they've done. I'm startin to think I dont wanna go and see em cos I really think they've made a huge mistake with the line-up thing and the last few times I saw em with Bush were killer. I just wanna know is there a link to an official announcement or explanation as to why they got rid of Bush and Caggiano so I can maybe understand the reasoning behind fucking up the most awesome metal band on the planet. I cant seem to find one.
Thanks and rock on.:kickass:
Well I think it is stupid for a fan of both eras to consider missing a show because of the current singer. Everytime I saw Anthrax with any line up it was an awsome show. Maybe you should join the RBC you might find the answer you want there. Personally, I don't think they fucked anything up. Variety the spice of life!! Remember if they quit all together there wouldn't be one damn thing anyone could do about it. You should take what you can get while you can. Nothing lasts forever.

Bleearg said:
Well I think it is stupid for a fan of both eras to consider missing a show because of the current singer. .......Remember if they quit all together there wouldn't be one damn thing anyone could do about it. You should take what you can get while you can. Nothing lasts forever.

Yeah you got a point there Bleearg. I dont think I could miss the show coz I know I'd regret it if I did and I know it would be awesome whoever was singin. Just kinda disappointed you know?? Belladonna has said that the Bush songs aint his bag and that he wouldn't sing em. Bush always sang Belladonna stuff and did em proud too. I can't imagine not having the Bush stuff live, just seems weird, like goin back in time.
I guess we should all be glad there is still an Anthrax to go and see.:headbang:

RBC? Wossat then?

The RBC is the reunion bashers club. It was started by a fan who prefers Bush in every way & some cant accept that joey is back.So they went somewhere to bitch instead of here & after a year of the reunion some are still pissed.

Rise said:
The RBC is the reunion bashers club. It was started by a fan who prefers Bush in every way & some cant accept that joey is back.So they went somewhere to bitch instead of here & after a year of the reunion some are still pissed.

i dont like the site. I mean obviously people have a right to dissaprove but some of the stuff they talk about on there is just plain ridiculous. good to see another scotsman joining! theres quite a few of us on here now

Nah, I don't think I'll be joinin the RBC. I have every respect for Joey and his time with Anthrax and some good memories from that time too. I'll leave it at that, I know you guys are tired hearing the Bush/Belladonna thing.
Cheers for the welcome, good to see the Scottish Chapter is strong.:kickass:
See yas at The Carling.:headbang:

devilsreject said:
Nah, I don't think I'll be joinin the RBC. I have every respect for Joey and his time with Anthrax and some good memories from that time too. I'll leave it at that, I know you guys are tired hearing the Bush/Belladonna thing.
Cheers for the welcome, good to see the Scottish Chapter is strong.:kickass:
See yas at The Carling.:headbang:

And you can go see Bush in Glasgow with Armored Saint.

Rise said:
You're 100% right! I mean, what's a point? You like Bush? Get over it. It'd be just like we did 13 years ago when Joey got kicked out. Nobody needs to listen to 12 years's worth of Bush's material anyway, it's obviously a pile of crap. That's why it's taken off any these days' setlist.
And those godless bashers better go bitch somewhere else, 'cause we got us Brent Almighty who'll ban their ignorant trolling asses right away!

Bleearg said:
Well I think it is stupid for a fan of both eras to consider missing a show because of the current singer. Everytime I saw Anthrax with any line up it was an awsome show. Maybe you should join the RBC you might find the answer you want there. Personally, I don't think they fucked anything up. Variety the spice of life!! Remember if they quit all together there wouldn't be one damn thing anyone could do about it. You should take what you can get while you can. Nothing lasts forever.
I don't think it's stupid. I feel the same way. I was an Anthrax fan 'since I was a kid, like '86 - '87, and I have no intrest at all in seeing the reunion line up. Turing back the clock 14 years isn't interesting to me. The Anthrax - Priest show was here a couple of Months ago and I skipped it without a second thought.

DumbAss said:
I don't think it's stupid. I feel the same way. I was an Anthrax fan 'since I was a kid, like '86 - '87, and I have no intrest at all in seeing the reunion line up. Turing back the clock 14 years isn't interesting to me. The Anthrax - Priest show was here a couple of Months ago and I skipped it without a second thought.
Yep, and you are DumbAss!!!
What did you do instead, sit at home that night on the computer and post on the NFMB???
I wouldn't miss any current or past Anthrax band members IF they came to my town.

I missed a bush show because of college i was gutted :erk: but im making up for it by goin to saint

DumbAss said:

Ditto.

Bleearg said:
Yep, and you are DumbAss!!!
What did you do instead, sit at home that night on the computer and post on the NFMB???
I wouldn't miss any current or past Anthrax band members IF they came to my town.
C'mon, man, you didn't have to insult him. He's your fellow Anthrax fan, otherwise he wouldn't be here. Let's be nice.
And regarding what who would do... You might consider that you and him are fr. slightly different kinds of places. It might be easier to make a choise what to do and where to go in your town, whichever it is, than in a little bigger place like Montreal or some other ...ah... city, where you need sometimes to flip a coin in order to make a decision of this sort.
I personally never had this kind of a problem a year ago. Now...well... I'm tired of listening to the same songs (even if they are great songs) from twenty years ago. I used to drive to any place in tri-state area and over to PA and Ohio to catch Anthrax live, because every show in those times had a little or two surprises - like "1000 points of hate" in Asbury Park, or "Whole lotta rosie" in Poughkeepsee, or "The Noise" with Chuck @ Beacon... Now it's kinda very predictible... and to me personally - boring.

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
C'mon, man, you didn't have to insult him. He's your fellow Anthrax fan, otherwise he wouldn't be here. Let's be nice.
And regarding what who would do... You might consider that you and him are fr. slightly different kinds of places. It might be easier to make a choise what to do and where to go in your town, whichever it is, than in a little bigger place like Montreal or some other ...ah... city, where you need sometimes to flip a coin in order to make a decision of this sort.
I personally never had this kind of a problem a year ago. Now...well... I'm tired of listening to the same songs (even if they are great songs) from twenty years ago. I used to drive to any place in tri-state area and over to PA and Ohio to catch Anthrax live, because every show in those times had a little or two surprises - like "1000 points of hate" in Asbury Park, or "Whole lotta rosie" in Poughkeepsee, or "The Noise" with Chuck @ Beacon... Now it's kinda very predictible... and to me personally - boring.
I agree with you that the setlist is very predictable now and have started threads about it. BUT since he said " and I have no intrest at all in seeing the reunion line up. Turing back the clock 14 years isn't interesting to me. The Anthrax - Priest show was here a couple of Months ago and I skipped it without a second thought." your "choise":lol: statement falls flat. By the way the last time Anthrax played my "town" as you call it it was in front of around 12000 screaming fans. Your posts are always real friendly aren't they?