RIP Mike Alexander

I noticed that to. however, I don't want mike to be remembered as the next cliff, but rather the first Mike Alexander.
Yeah, I agree. He shall be remembered as a great bassist of thrash metal, once playing for one of the greatest thrash metal band of all time, Evile.

Matt (British Banger) just phoned me, and he seemed pretty shaken up by it... he's only just found out as he's not been online in days.

This thread just goes to show how many people Mike really touched :(

Matt (British Banger) just phoned me, and he seemed pretty shaken up by it... he's only just found out as he's not been online in days.

This thread just goes to show how many people Mike really touched :(

On the Download Forums there are so many people getting upset by the news, it makes me happy to see how many people thought of Mike in the same way I did, as a geniune person and a real hero.

http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=4139941

Man, life is fucked up sometimes
Mike will always be missed

evilemike.jpg

Just found a post on a site about Mike and I think it is one of the most true things I have ever read.

SHREDDER13 writes:

No way man...*takes a deep sigh* Today will be a very sad day for everyone who loved and supported Mike and Evile. He was always the quiet yet mayhemic guy in the band. He was always the joker on the road and in the studio. He was the one who could light up a dark room with his bright spirit. Now he has passed away doing what he loved to do, playing rock & roll on the bass for his fans...He will truly be missed and never forgotten. My deep condolences go out to his family & friends.

R.I.P. Mike Alexander

Holy shit! Mike was awesome... That's god damn awful... You could really tell he put his all into his playing.

Every time I put a bass into my hands from this moment forward I'll be thinking of you, Mike.

This is awful news. :(

Mike was a great guy, meeting him and the rest of the guys was awesome.

RIP Mike.

We've all met him through the music he created, and he will be forever immortal in the music he left us with.

Mike you are alive and well in all of us, you will never be forgotten, your music will always be revered, and we will all love you with all of our hearts until the end of our days.

RIP Mike Alexander.

Condolences to the guys, his friends, and his family.

\m/

I still can't put this into words. Besides Ol, Matt and Ben, Mike was the lovliest person I've ever met. Always interested in what I was up to, always up for a laugh, always making jokes and silly noises... a world without him is just.... I don't know. I still can't fucking believe this.

Mike, I fucking love you man.

Hey, this is Jimmi from Deadfall.

This news is truely shocking, and very upsetting. We played many gigs with Evile back in the unsigned days, and Mike was always an extremely warm, and genuine guy who I talked to many times before and after our gigs. I can vividly remember chatting to him at The Snooty Fox in Wakefield, back in 2006, telling me about how hard and dedicated he was to Evile, and I really admired him, and decided I needed to try and copy his dedication.

I didn't know him incredibly well, but whenever I met him, he was always happy to see me, and have a chat. I remember him telling me, the night Evile got signed, how happy he was they had a record deal, and he and the guys really deserved it. I had no jealousy that Evile had been signed and Deadfall hadn't, I was just as happy for them.

I am very happy for Mike that he got to experience the success that Evile have had over the last couple of years, and truely sorry he will not be along for the rest of the journey he had worked so hard to achieve in Evile.

If Matt, Ol or Ben read this, my thoughts and deepest condolences go out to you. And a huge thanks to Mike, for making the time we gigged together so memorable.

Rest in peace Mike.