RIP Mike Alexander

Rest in peace Mike. Damn what a shame.. The day he died I was watching the Recording Dvd I got with the 'Enter the Grave' Album.
Mike is a great example for a bass player. Ill play in his way.
Mike, Ol and Ben my condolances. Family of Mike I wish you the best in these hard times.
And Evile im not expecting to see you on stage. Take the time you need to recover.
Hail for the Thrasher!

I come on the Evile website to find out about tour dates to go and see my favourite thrashers, then I saw the main page. I am in such shock right now, this can't have happened... They just released their second album, so early in their career...

Wow...
I'm a reasonably new Evile fan, so obviously over the last couple of weeks I've been looking up some videos on youtube.
Mike seemed such a legend. In a few of the videos he'd walk in on an interview and say or do something hilarious!
Rest in peace man.

I noticed that to. however, I don't want mike to be remembered as the next cliff, but rather the first Mike Alexander.

Too fucking right mate!

I'd just like to offer my condolences to the band. Mike was one hell of a dude and such a down to earth guy. I remember meeting and talking to him at Exodus last year and he couldn't have been nicer. It's such a shame to see him go so early like this.

R.I.P

*Blasts Enter The Grave and Infected Nations*

This one made me laugh, not for what was said, but for who said it. Mike was so damn awesome that we actually have a fictitious character come to the board to offer condolances :lol: Awesome!

Thanks to CC for those links, on the Metal Underground 4 of the top 10 topics are based on Mike, which is ace. This is one of the best things I've seen so far:
http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=48951

All credit to Seregon for that! What a fantastic and generous gesture!

The following pictures is of one of my friends in the SMA forum & the Slayer forum and he is known as Angry Nate, the 1st photo was taken after I've informed him about Mike's sad demise

Picture001.jpg

MyPictures035.jpg

As you can see Mike being full of life as usual with Angry Nate

My only regret is that I have never taken a camera with me to any gigs and therefore will miss out on lasting momentos as these but to be fair the footage of Mike and me backstage on the Evile bonus Dvd kinda makes up for the lack of photo's

i just heard of it, about 5mins ago...
i can't even find words... he was awesome!!!
all my love and condolence goes to his family and friends... especially to his daughter and Ben, Ol' and Drake!!!

We'll never forget him!!!

May he rest in peace!

My only regret is that I have never taken a camera with me to any gigs and therefore will miss out on lasting momentos as these but to be fair the footage of Mike and me backstage on the Evile bonus Dvd kinda makes up for the lack of photo's

I'm gutted I never got a photo of just me and Mike, but I will treasure this photo forever.

l_4e0353d9f476443d961adf3396bf771b.jpg

That wee stupid face of his.

What a shock to hear about Mike. What a great and talented guy. we had many great nights when Evile we're just starting out, touring up and the country with Pitiful Reign. Mike will be greatly missed by everyone who had the Pleasure of knowing him. Our thoughts are with his family and friends Paul & Wendy Callis-Smith

I can't belive he's dead. I am nearly crying, but shouldn't. I haven't even met him. My thoughts are with Mike's family, Ol, Matt, Ben and everyone else who knew him.

Rest In Peace Mike.

Man, so many people loved Mike, it's incredible.

That wee photo of me and the guys is on my wall, I just remember how cramped we were in that backstage room, I have no clue how the four of them were all squashed up on that wee couch before Ben escaped off onto the wee chair, we just sat talking absolute shit during the supposed interview I was meant to be running and the guys moaned about having to humph the gear up all the stairs in the Cathouse. Good memories will always live on.

For all the guys saying they don't think they should be upset because they never got to meet Mike, it doesn't even matter if you met him or not, Mike created something beautiful which affected us all - the music - and we have all suffered a loss, some more than others understandably, but still, it is perfectly okay to get upset, we are all upset at this time man.

This was the first time I'd met Mike - and the other guys - in person. He showed us such courtesy, he went to try and persuade Dave Mustaine to come and see me and Greg and when Dave declined, he came back out and hung out with us for nearly an hour and a half. Febuary 18th 2008... I'll never forget it.

0evile.jpg

This is at Bloodstock Open Air last year, just 5 minutes after Evile's incredible set on Friday morning. I still remember giving Mike that pint and saying 'So Mike, whats it like being the only black bassist in thrash?' and he just laughed and gave me the usual 'Fuck off Dave' :lol:

l_5ad79110a7ef0db61f06047fcd6fb7bc.jpg

And I don't know if anyone remembers this being posted on here (I think Diddy made the picture itself) but I made this poster for Mike a month or two ago. He took it pretty well actually, he said he found it funny ahaha :lol:

mikelol.jpg