RIP Mike Alexander

MyPictures035.jpg

That picture sums up the man so well! Always happy to see you, usually either a beer or a bass in his hands :lol: Loving the Mike Alexander Lincoln picture too!

I've never been one to take too many pictures, unless there's something particularly ace going on. I mean, I have friends who go out to the same place and see the same people every week/weekend, and by the next morning they've uploaded an album of like 40 photos to facebook, and I've never really got that. Mike's passing has made me realise that I should maybe take a few more though, I have hardly any of him and mostly they're shit. To be fair, I only ever use a cameraphone. Anyway, I found a few decent ones and I thought I'd share.

dsc00025k.jpg

Arsing about after I found out my camera did panoramic pictures. By the looks of it Mike's said something which made Het cry with laughter. So it's probably just your average conversation with Mike :)

8428_147503222964_505017964_2806646_3454107_n.jpg

After a gig at the West Riding in Huddersfield.

8428_147491707964_505017964_2806512_6492889_n.jpg

Some other gig at the West on the smallest stage ever!

8428_147491737964_505017964_2806518_1918793_n.jpg

Evile, Onslaught and Pitiful Reign at Bradford Rio, WITHOUT Xentrix cos they were a moody set of arseholes and left the venue before Onslaught had even finished playing.

Such shit news :( I'm truely saddened to hear of the loss of Mike, I never met any of Evile, or have I seen them live, but I feel really down about this.

I've been an Evile fan since 2005, before they were signed and had the "killer from the deep" demo up on myspace.

I was going to see them at B.O.A 08 but i missed them and was pissed off about, so was pleased to see them touring with Amon Amarth, but that aint happening, obviously, I really hope the band can overcome the loss and keep doing what that are passionate about, THRASH!! FUCKING!! METAL!!! keep it going guys, I'm sure Mike wouldn't want you to stop, and you have the potential to be true legends of the genre.

R.I.P Mike, you will be missed by friends, family, band members and fans alike, but never forgotten!

Yeah, the Killer from the Deep demo on their MySpace is what got me introduced to Evile.Started chatting to Ol every so often very soon after.

That too was in 2005... Man, it seems so long ago now.

Things were going so good for the band and this tragedy happens. One of the most shocking deaths of the year, this year has been filled with shocking deaths. This year really fucking sucks bad, lots of good people dying and talented people. RIP bro.. Mike, Eviles one and only legendary bass player. I wish Ol, Matt and Ben the best, stay strong guys, only good can come from the bad now. Im sure Mike is jamming up there somewhere, somewhere thats a better place than here.

Sad, sad day. I made an account because of this incident but I wish I didn't.....

I just got the bad news today. I'm deeply touched even though I've only known the band for about 5 months. Mike seemed like a very down-to-earth and genuinely cool guy and most definately a great bass player. My thoughts are with his family, friends and fellow band members whose pain I can't imagine.

Rest in Peace Mike Alexander

I'm sad... I need thrash to cheer up...

I've only just started listening to Evile. Mike was part of writing some really great music. From all the posts I've seen and the interviews I've watched it's not hard to tell he must have been a funny and great guy. My best wishes to the other band members and Mikes family.
R.I.P Mike.

Thabk you everybody for all the kind words, all the support that we've had over the past few days has completely overhwhelmed Mikes family and ourselves. It's a very very sad time and i don't wish to even try to put into words what all this is like.

Thank you.

If anybody has any pictures of mike please post them.

R.I.P MIKE GREAY GUY WHO ALWAYS HAD TIME FOR THE FANS HAD THE PRIVLEGE TO MEET HIM SEVERAL TIMES BEST WISHES TO HIS DAUGHTER AND FAMILY AT THIS SAD TIME

Thabk you everybody for all the kind words, all the support that we've had over the past few days has completely overhwhelmed Mikes family and ourselves. It's a very very sad time and i don't wish to even try to put into words what all this is like.

Thank you.

Matt, you know you can always ask me if theres absolutely anything I can do for you right? Even if its just to talk or something mate, I'm here for ya. I just have no idea what else to say, you have my sincerest condolences. I love ya man.

Thank you.

Ey up Matt - the mad Motorhead fan from Huddersfield here - where to start? I cant believe what has happened, I mean I was just talking to you and Mike at the release party, and here we are not even two weeks later. Please give my best to Ben and Ol, I can't even begin to imagine what you are all going through.

Mike.jpg

This is from the release party.

DSC000152.jpg

This is from Camden Underworld, opening for Exodus last year.