RIP myspace, its lookin dead.

I have been hearing tons of people say the last year or two that myspace is gonna be done soon and blah blah blah, but lately its gotten so bad and almost all the bands I have recorded in the last 2 months say they do not use it anymore. So for someone like me who used to get business on myspace its looking pretty clear that its time to hussle on the FACEBOOK now.

Very annoying that myspace tried to get all high tech. LoL they scared away all the musicians!:yow:

Scaring away the musicians was merely a good thing for myspace. The shit got old with every shit band on the planet started by every jackoff that played guitar hero thinking they could start a band spamming the fuck out of everyone as well as the drama whores with millions of friends. Facebook upgraded its setup and was much more rock solid and impermeable to spam by design. It had an easier way to network. And when myspace lost its ability as a social network and with FB designed in opposition to how a band would want to network, bands have taken the back seat, myspace died and social networking drastically improved as a result. I know that I am talking to people on FB that I wouldn't have never been able to find on myspace. Amateur bands need to be drowned out, they where a plague not so long ago, people are getting tired of radio music, what makes you think that they want to be spammed with absolute garbage on a site where they want to socialize with their friends?

Don't get me wrong myspace has made other horrible corporate decisions that put them further under, like their lack of updating to the new technology where facebook was ahead of the curve, integrating to twitter, youtube and myspace way before it was the in thing to do. Myspace just keeps trying to push old outdated technology and an archaic way of doing things. Myspace just couldn't keep up.

EDIT: And I think the games like Mafia wars was just the nail in the coffin. The way they implemented that game and all of its clones had spam written all over it.

The only people I know (apart from bands/some producers) that use Myspace are either obese or anorexic attention whore scene girls.
I never even made a personal account on there (did has a joke band thing for a while though), but at least with Facebook I felt it was good enough to actually make an account for myself.

Yeah I'm pretty much over it. Sucks because I had a layout done not long ago now, which is now being ported over to a stand-alone site.

For the time being I'm going to bounce between that and Twitter and see what comes of it.

Are many 'institutions' making accounts on Facebook? I always felt like it was more a personal site for individuals, rather than bands, companies, businesspeople etc.

Yeah I'm pretty much over it. Sucks because I had a layout done not long ago now, which is now being ported over to a stand-alone site.

For the time being I'm going to bounce between that and Twitter and see what comes of it.

Are many 'institutions' making accounts on Facebook? I always felt like it was more a personal site for individuals, rather than bands, companies, businesspeople etc.

TONS of bands are using Facebook.
Seeing as how many people use Facebook these days, it's an excellent way for bands to keep fans updated on things, and also a good way to gain extra fans for some bands too.

There are TONNS of businesses and products with their own FB page. Ford Aus basically has a FB page for each of their vehicles. You can "like" these to get any updates on the vehicles and any upgrades or media releases on them.

Facebook is great for bands since it directly joins a lot of people.

Let's say you create a page for Systematic Productions. There is already a lot of people who would ''like'' your page, so everytime you post a news, a ton of people will see it since like Harry said, most of people use it and go on it each day. They don't even have to go to your page to see it since it will appear in their news flow. I personnaly think Facebook is the most useful social network since it is the one which most people use.

^ that is for a personal account. You have to make a "page". Under the sign up it has a link saying "Create a Page for a celebrity, band or business".

+1 pretty sure you need a personal profile, to access my bandpage i log on to my personal profile then click "manage pages" which brings me to my band page.

Facebook band pages are the way to go. Our myspace inbox was FULL of spam.

Facebook layouts are nice and simple, plus you can add some images and make it look good without overdoing it and taking 10mins to load.

rootmusic.com has a great bandpage tab with music player.

Here it is on my bands page : http://listn.to/sensoryamusia

Still have some images, but nice and simple. I fucking hate band pages with so much shit on them you have to actually search for the damn music.

I'd say that Facebook is very neat indeed, very simple and intuitive. But I don't think it's the best with bands to be honest... Myspace clearly had the edge on bands/music 5 years ago.

Also, I think twitter is literally the worst "social network" thing ever... I have an account and tried to follow a handful of people that I even thought would be interested but it's all like, "Yeah, I just wiped my ass, roflwtf!", it just feels like you're talking to yourself... it sucks